Stupid Scenera

mish

I hate the scenera. Really. With every fiber of my being, I hate it. I know it is a good seat for the money, and really the only option at that price, but I can't help it. Both my niece and my nephew have this seat. I have had both of them this week (one is my brothers kid and the other is my sisters btw). First Taylor, my nephew. He is 14 months and 27 pounds. Parents have him FF, but I RF in my car. To start with, I could barely squeeze him in there. Then for the life of my I could not tighten the harness. It was fine when he wasn't in there, but horrible with him in it. I assumed it was because he was RF, so I dealt with it.

Fast forward to today when I picked up Jocelyn from day care. She was FF and I could barely tighten hers. The seat is just a total pain in the butt.

I think I am getting a true fit to use for them in my car.

ADS

NannyMom

I love my Scenera for RF with latch :) It is difficult to tighten the harness. Even moreso when it's cold outside. For RF, I just grab the harness in the back to tighten, then pull the strap in the front.

Sofi's been using ours for 2 weeks now because I forgot to get the Marathon out of the van before it went to the body shop :whistle:

christineka

My 30 pound 4 year old rf in the scenera as her main seat. I have no problems with it. She fits great, the harness tightens and loosens just how it should. We all have different experiences though. Or perhaps I am just used to cheap seats??? I found it harder to deal with the radian than any of my cheap seats, though.

Murphy's Law

I don't have a Scenera, but when my other RF seats aren't adjusting easily, I find it easier to pull the straps tight from the back of the seat and pull the slack through by grabbing the adjuster strap while I'm holding the shoulder part tight from the outside seat back. Of course this will only work with the RF seat. Hope you can get it to work easier. It is so frustrating when you can't tighten the harness easily.

I just got done at swearing at my scenera straps! LOL! LOL!

They weren't tighting. What I did was just rethreaded them and it worked. LOL.

That is the only problem I have had with it.

I can install it in a second, so it is a nice seat.

lnwn

This thread caught my eye. I was complaining about my Scenera in a different thread. Does anyone else have a problem with it tipping sideways?

mish

Is it rear facing? If so, it is probably your retractor causing it to tip. You can solve that by using a locking clip instead of locking your shoulder belt.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't install mine RF with LATCH... I'm sure it's my car...right? I can install ANYTHING in a Honda Ody captain's chair, but not the Scenera RF :eek:

Freedom_Pixie

I have the sam problem with the same seat. It is fine with out nobody in it, but once a child gets in it. I tis like one sides tightens while the other doesn't, I spent a good 15 minutes re0adjusting it so it can fit properly on DS. Plus there is not enough padding on there, just a cover and that's it. Also, some days I have to re-adjust the harness because DS doesn't fit in it after a while. It is like 30 minutes later, I put him in it and the harness is too tight, I can barely buckle it up. It is so frustrating dealing with that every time. After everything is re-adjusted it is a good seat, but I wish I had gotten a different one. But he is getting close to being out of the Scenera. So I get to go car seat shopping :D.

Kat_Momof3

I can't install mine RF with LATCH... I'm sure it's my car...right? I can install ANYTHING in a Honda Ody captain's chair, but not the Scenera RF :eek:

weird question... you lift the cover, right?

I had one and loved it... it didn't feel as solid or as well padded as the pricier seats, but it was easy to install and use for me. And it is because it was so much so that Jeffrey got put back into a harnessed seat... and boy did he love that... and boy did I really start getting carseat addicted from that point on.

lnwn

Thanks to you both. I will give it a whirl. I didn't notice if it comes with a locking clip but I know I have one on my Safeseat so I am all set. I hate using the locking clip though, it hurtses my fingers.

CaseyRN

I also hate the scenera. It is like my private hell when I have to deal with it. My parents have one for their cars. It's better now that we are FF but I also struggle with the harness. I thought it was just me. Drives me batty. I have probably cursed at that seat more than anything/anybody else in my life! I could never get the stupid thing at an acceptable angle RF b/c of the shape of the base and the slope of the seat. HATED IT! And I still hate it. Sure it's good for the money but I can't tell you how many times I would just throw my MA in thier car rather than fight that stupid scenera....especially when she was RF!

And....DD is going to be on the top slots soon? What? She's only 17% in height....she's a shorty. And she's going to be on the top soon???

emntheboys

First Taylor, my nephew. He is 14 months and 27 pounds. Parents have him FF, but I RF in my car. To start with, I could barely squeeze him in there.

This statement caught my eye. I just bought a TF to replace my 14 month, 26 lb son's Scenera. I don't think he is overly huge for his age, but he was just sooo squished in the Scenera. He has lots of room now! I haven't had any of the other problems that have been stated, but I can really sympathize with the no RF leg room.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC