Heck.

ADS

Lea_Ontario

Because registration isn't required and posts are not moderated before poting to the public - so spambots (this is not being done by real people one post at a time) can easily target the board.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Gosh it is SO ANNOYING! :mad: I reported a bunch of the posts, but the spam is coming through faster than they can be reported. SO ANNOYING! :mad:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
RubysGirl said:
It would be great if they could put a limit on the number of links in a post from someone who is unregistered.

I understand why you don't have to be registered to post here, but there has to be something that can be done. I am not a computer person, so I don't know what could be done, but there must be something. :confused: :confused:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
UUGGGHHHH!!! There were SEVENTEEN (17) spam posts posted between 5:55 and 6:25 on the carseat board! Seventeen!! :mad:

What is REALLY annoying is that the spam posts are on posts that are 2-3 years old. :mad:

Simplysomething

Aw, the two-three year old posts are interesting. Apparently there are a lot of people who used to post, but aren't posting anymore, and I'm reading it thinking, hmm, I wonder what they were like. lol

(love the title though..."heck". Reminds me of "oh pooh"..which makes me think of the book "Stand Back," Said the Elephant, "I'm Going to Sneeze!" Anyway. lol

(really though? VERY ANNOYING. I don't get the purpose of it?)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Simplysomething said:
Aw, the two-three year old posts are interesting. Apparently there are a lot of people who used to post, but aren't posting anymore, and I'm reading it thinking, hmm, I wonder what they were like. lol

You are so optimistic! ;) It's funny- I didn't even notice how old some of the posts were. What clued me in to how old they were was when I read a post that said "I am looking at this seat for my two-year-old" from a person who I KNOW has a five-year-old!! :) That was when I noticed how old the posts were. I'm not too quick, huh? LOL.

Simplysomething

I'm not optimistic, just bored.

:eek:)

And don't feel bad, it looks like a lot of people didn't notice the time stamps!.

Oh well. Good work, folks who rid the board of the spam! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC