If you could make a few minor changes to a seat to make it perfect, what seat and which change(s)

Splash

For me...

GN- Flip-up armrests and deeper crotch strap (another inch or so)

TF- Deeper AND longer crotch strap, higher adjust lever (for RF), maybe lower sides for ease climbing into FF

RN- Wider and higher belt path *or* serpentine belt path (either would work) and a more adjustable RF angle

Regent- Back to "old" install instructions and about 2 inches narrower

ADS

firemomof3

Avenue: easy access harness adjustor!
Signo: deeper seat for better leg support, wider at shoulder level, more leg room rf.

Maedze

SK Monterey: Rigid LATCH and built like the Radian

FPSVB: about 6" more in torso height for the backrest :p

Britax Boulvard: deeper seat and easier adjuster knob thingy-ding

Citrine

Make Regent smaller width wise by about 4-6inches
Put alligator LATCH on GN, get rid of mesh fabric

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
True Fit - Better placement of the harness adjuster for RFing installation, better belt path for RFing installation (it's too close to the crotch strap), easier place to store the LATCH connectors when not in use

All - Allow more RFing seats to be tethered, more and cheaper girly covers

Regent - Allow the LBP for any weight

Marathon - Deeper seat for more RFing leg room, no-thread harness (I didn;t know about the Blvd when I bought it)

Nautilus, Frontier - can remove the head rest when used in harness mode (it pushes Kira's head too far forward for sleeping)

APmama2MAK

EFTA- lock offs, different cover options

Anti-rebound bar or footprop on all infant buckets/convertibles

Harness adjusters like the EFTA on all the rest
(with easier system to loosen harness)

EPS/EPP foam on all seats in more places than the head area

Lock-offs on all seats

True fit- easier access to harness adjuster

I could think of ways to improve almost every seat to my liking but these are what first popped into my head.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Only posting about seats I own.

RN - make the FF belt path higher, fix it so the reverse belt-path would work as well, and make the foot part of the base so it's not detachable, and also adjustable in various heights.

MA - I totally agree, it needs that buttery-smooth adjuster like the RA! I'd also like to see them do something about the way the lower ends of the harness are secured. Too many people mess it up when re-doing the harness. Oh, yes, and infinite-adjust harness heights. I know the Blvd has that, but I hate the wings.

Husky - nothing, it's freaking perfect. ;) Although, I suppose a buttery-smooth adjuster like the RAs would be nice, too.

Start - needs to be LATCHable, and have front-adjust headwings/belt guides so I don't have to take it out of the dang car just to let a different-sized kid ride in it.

Parkway - I can't really think of anything. More leg support?

Air - needs to be available as a backless only and have 23" belt guides when used with the back.

Turbo - can we please stop the back from falling off? That goes for the Air, too.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Harness adjusters like the EFTA on all the rest
(with easier system to loosen harness)

I'm just going to say "Harness adjuster like the SafeGuard on every seat." Because that harness adjuster rocks (even if I have to tighten two or three clicks with my skinny kids.)

BeckC

Scenera - EPS foam. I'd trade the cup holder for it.

Blvd - EPS foam all over and not just in the head area.

Britax - no more ratcheting adjusters.

Radian - easier recline options. Maybe an adjustable foot like the Safeseat or something.

True Fit - 3 crotch strap positions.

EFTA - get rid of the red tabs. Move knobs or have pull adjuster.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm just going to say "Harness adjuster like the SafeGuard on every seat." Because that harness adjuster rocks (even if I have to tighten two or three clicks with my skinny kids.)

Ugh, I hate the knob adjusters! But that does remind me - ALL carseats should have retractable LATCH just like the SafeGuard!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
This change is for ANY RF seat:

have it RF to a higher weight limit seeing as Canada has a 65 pounds RF max (http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=690989&postcount=14)

and rigid LATCH so that I could easily pop our seat out of our vehicle in the morning and put it into my parents' vehicle for the day (and reverse at the end of the day) instead of needing to buy 2 seats due to installation trickery.

I could live with most of the other inadequacies in current RF seats, if they rear-faced longer.

ETA: LOL, and now I see you said minor changes. Oops. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC