Input please - does my SS1 harness/cover match?

raelynn

Senior Community Member
I feel really dumb asking, but want some opinions. I bought a French Roast SS1 when they were on sale in the late fall, and left it in the box. I also bought a gorgeous Jenny cover set off Ebay, thinking the harness was grey on the FR SS1.

I took the FR out of the box last night and the harness is greeny-brown :thumbsdown: I put the cover on this morning and it doesn't clash as bad as I thought it would, but still want opinions on whether I should buy/trade and get a gray or black harness assembly for it. This is my last baby, and I've never had a gorgeous car seat before, so this is why I am asking. :p

The harness really is brown IRL, as anyone who has the FR SS1 can attest. The photos make it look more gray.
Close-up
SS1-1.jpg

Farther back
SS1-2.jpg

ADS

MissAllyLou

It doesn't bother me, but I can see how it would bother some. I would post a wanted thread in Swap and see if there are any biters!

Mama Jo

It doesn't look bad. But since you're asking, it obviously bothers you... you'll be happier if you get new ones ;)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm going to be totally honest, it doesn't look good....at all. I'd totally try for black first choice (looks classy with the pink & black trim) or grey as second choice (to match the seat plastic). I won't mention the brown on the handle that would drive me bonkers....oops, I did mention it! :D

Pixels

I really don't like it. I would get gray straps, to match the shell and the chest clip and buckle. Black would make the chest clip and buckle really stand out, though it would go better with the black trim on the cover.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I really don't like it. I would get gray straps, to match the shell and the chest clip and buckle. Black would make the chest clip and buckle really stand out, though it would go better with the black trim on the cover.
And I assumed that when she got new straps, she'd get a grey chest clip and grey buckle to with the straps. The buckle is removable on the SS, isn't it? I don't have mine anymore, so can't check.

APmama2MAK

On my SS1, the chest clip is tan but the buckle is grey (and the 'female' part is not removable, the 'male' parts are)

And I assumed that when she got new straps, she'd get a grey chest clip and grey buckle to with the straps. The buckle is removable on the SS, isn't it? I don't have mine anymore, so can't check.

Spam

I would try to get black or grey straps. It would look better :) It would probably drive me nuts too.

raelynn

Senior Community Member
I am so glad I asked! I'm sure if I told DH the strap colour was bothering me, he'd for sure think I was losing my mind.

I left a message with Elfe-Graco Canada. They don't answer the phone apparently and it takes 24-48hrs to get a response. I am going to find out how much a replacement harness assembly in Canada costs. It's $15 on the US website, but I'm guessing it'll be double that up here with shipping.

Splash

It's horrible. Really, it looks plan terrible. Get new ones or go back to the old cover. It annoyed teh crud out of me that they put the FR cover on a grey shell, otherwise I would have bought it because I like that cover.

The cover is lovely, but it needs new straps. Those straps are just plain horrid with it.

NannyMom

If it makes you feel any better about the current straps.... Kasey SS1 is pink and it comes with brown straps.

cpsaddict

That is the same cover I am getting and I just about panicked thinking it came with tan straps. It doesn't look great with the tan, so I would totally try to get black or gray straps.

canadiangie

I feel really dumb asking, but want some opinions. I bought a French Roast SS1 when they were on sale in the late fall, and left it in the box. I also bought a gorgeous Jenny cover set off Ebay, thinking the harness was grey on the FR SS1.

I took the FR out of the box last night and the harness is greeny-brown :thumbsdown: I put the cover on this morning and it doesn't clash as bad as I thought it would, but still want opinions on whether I should buy/trade and get a gray or black harness assembly for it. This is my last baby, and I've never had a gorgeous car seat before, so this is why I am asking. :p

The harness really is brown IRL, as anyone who has the FR SS1 can attest. The photos make it look more gray.
Close-up
SS1-1.jpg

Farther back
SS1-2.jpg

I would put your NIB FR on kijiji for $130 and go get the Imperial pattern SS1 from Zellers for $159. I can't imagine Graco will sell you a new harness set-up with shipping for under $45. Yeah you take a little loss, but I'd HATE to have to change the harness, honestly, it would irritate me to tears.

All that said, I personally don't think it looks that terrible, but it would bug me... esp the brown handle.

ETA: Here is the Imperial. http://www.zellers.com/stores/shop/product/en/zellers/10001/143883/68314178/68314178

You could even sell the Imperial cover on kijiji for $25 to recoup your costs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC