07-09 Caravan/ T&C

NannyMom

Do they have....

-side curtain airbags (standard, or optional?)
-removable headrests in the 3rd row, or headrests that won't push a HBB forward
-TA in at least 1 outboard position 3rd row?

anyone know??

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The third row has a tether anchor for the center seating position only, and this has been the case in the Caravan/T&C models since the 2002 model year. The '07 has a different body style from the redesigned '08 and newer models, and lacks a headrest for the third row center. There's an interior photo of the 2007's third row at http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcont...el=caravan/firstNav=Gallery/photoId=20141998# showing no third row center headrest. The '08 and newer models have headrests for all third row seating positions from what I remember seeing recently at the Detroit auto show and based on interior photos at http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/grand_caravan/gallery/ No idea if the headrests are removable, though. Someone who owns a T&C or Caravan could weigh in on that for you. The 2008 model year was also the first model year where lap-shoulder belts were required for all rear seating positions in vehicles sold in the U.S.

You could verify side curtain availability at Dodge.com or Cars.com. IIRC, side curtain airbags have been available as an option at least since the 2005 model year for the Caravan/T&C (when I was van shopping and researched side curtain airbag availability obsessively :)) and standard equipment starting with the 2008 model year.

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Just adding to what Jean said...

The vehicle was redesigned for the 2008 model year. I don't know details on the 2007. On the 2008 (and I assume 2009), the head restraints are all removable and don't interfere with carseat installations. There is 1 TA on the back bench. It is centered between the center and the outboard driver side. I believe that it can be used for either position (but not at the same time). The lower anchors are centered between these two positions and the TA is with the lower anchors (there also is LATCH on both captains chairs).

Jumanji

I have a 2007 Grand Caravan and I have removeable headrests in all 5 rear seat positions. The headrests work well with the Parkway boosters that I have as they are flat and don't angle forward. Mine does not have side curtain air bags and I don't know if it was an option. Tether anchor position is the same as described above.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I have a 2007 Grand Caravan and I have removeable headrests in all 5 rear seat positions. The headrests work well with the Parkway boosters that I have as they are flat and don't angle forward. Mine does not have side curtain air bags and I don't know if it was an option. Tether anchor position is the same as described above.

Ditto. There are removable headrests in all positions in my '07 as well. And I have the base model. Side curtain airbags was on option on just a few of the upper models for that year, but I don't know about an '08 or '09.

LuvMyGirls

According to the Chrysler website, the '09 has side curtain airbags for all three rows standard. I think the '08 did but I'm not sure. My '08 has them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC