Is it me, or did Graco Change the Cargo?

ADS

Auntie2Avi

They look very different to me, and on darren's blog I'm pretty sure he mentioned that they were going to be changing.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
They definitely changed the belt guides. They're more open, though whether they actually allow the seatbelt to retract as needed is unclear.

capeKO71

Yeah - I know it's still a crappy booster... but I just ordered 2... so I'll let you know about the belt guides. I need a light weight seat for the plane... and at least this will give us a bit more height then any of the cosco seats... (needed something thin... so it was 2 cargos, or 2 radians... and honestly, I have plenty of "big" seats with taller harnesses/weight limits... so didn't need the radian)

Hopefully this will work on the plane and help me when I want to do 3 across in my car.

-kate

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I hope they work. The old ones were supposed to stay solidly in place, they were like rubber locking clips...it was a completely different issue from the 'looks open, but really snags like crazy' belt guides that other seats had...and this one looks like it might have, lol.. but it is a fantastic harnessed seat :thumbsup:

capeKO71

ah ha... oh well. Well - I didn't buy it for a booster... just for the plane. I thought about going with the radian...but I couldn't rationalize it (even with discount) because they are so dang heavy... and it's me alone traveling with the kiddlets...

I love the cargo. It is a great 3-across seat. :) It puzzles great with the scenera, chase, snugride.

I hate it as a booster, but as a harnessed seat it rocks! :thumbsup:

Splash

Wow! They're still making them? I thought they phased out with the Nautilus coming on board. I want one!!! I emailed a friend the other day to ask if I could "buy" her niece's off of her (replace it with an appropriate booster instead of using the harness over 40 pounds like she was) but decided on a frontier instead of a used and misused seat. Rats, I would have bought one. But... my kid is 37 pounds... it would probably be a dumb idea.

Kat_Momof3

yes, splash, it would be a little late in the game.

I noticed the change in belt guides months back... I just assumed someone else caught it first... guess not.

I don't know if they are an improvement or not... should I ever see one of the ones that have them IRL, I'll be sure to give my opinion.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC