Seriously? How old is this thing?

Vanessa618

oldcarseat.jpg

ADS

mominabigtruck

Could still be current, possibly. I was given one about two years ago and it still had time left on it. It's a century smart/accel something or another.

scatterbunny

If it's a Century Ovation/Encore (which is looks like to me), it was last made in 2002. Graco took over Century about 2002, IIRC, so I believe all Century seats are now expired (six year lifespan).

christineka

We had a century seat like that, but in maroon. It had a 7 year expiration date stamped on the back. I had no idea back then that Graco had bought Century and changed the expiration date to 6 years.

Vanessa618

I didn't say I used it, I said it was given to me:mad:

And besides for the time there wasn't anything wrong with it, most seats then were over head shields and this one was adjustable and a very easy install.

No worries. I didn't say that you used it. And I know that they were probably top of the line at a point in time. I'm just saying that I wouldn't use it TODAY, not when a Scenera is $40. KWIM? And I Know that this seat is being used right now and this baby is 18 months old.

ETA: I just went back and read and realized that by quoting you, my post sounded harshly directed at you. I apologize. I didn't mean it that way. By the "Wow" I meant that I was surprised that it could still be current. ;)

brittany741

That looks almost like the fabric on my booster seat when I was a kid... circa 1991 (my parents were the wierd ones who bought car seats)

Heamae

My cousin was using one like that for her baby until a few months ago...oh and it was missing the padding on the shield!!! She told me that a tech told her that car seats dont really expire, they just say that to make you buy new ones!!! She finally bought a nautilus for him but doesnt know how to use it.

christineka

Our shield's padding fell off too and we used without. I took my kids to a seat check when the century was 6.5 years old. The tech strongly encouraged me to take a new seat. I did and turned my 18 mo dd back to rfing as well. I never knew that the lower harness straps were not reinforced for ffing. I must not have bothered to read the manual.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC