Nautilus owners

crunchierthanthou

if you have it handy, can you plug in your model number at gracobaby.com?

Does it bring up a manual with a revision date other than 12/07? (date on the bottom of the first page)

If so, does section 14 say that LATCH in booster mode is okay as seen here?

ADS

NannyMom

I looked up 2. One is DOM 5/2008 and the other is 10/2008. Both gave me a manual 12/07.

I've read the recentl threads on manual issues. I am tempted to open my NIB 10/2008 and check the manual.... but I'm not sure I'm keeping it.

TnT's Mom

Maybe it is because I am tired but I couldn't figure out where to enter my model number at the Graco website you linked???? My model number is 8JOOMTX (I think those are supposed to be o's not zeroes but maybe I am wrong. Also the bottom of the front cover on my manual says "2008 Graco ISPB069BA 2/08 US". And in it, it says not to use LATCH with the seat in booster mode.

I don't know if any of that info helps you or not...I still don't know if I can technically use my seat with LATCH in booster mode since some of the manuals say it is ok.

crunchierthanthou

I looked up 2. One is DOM 5/2008 and the other is 10/2008. Both gave me a manual 12/07.

I've read the recentl threads on manual issues. I am tempted to open my NIB 10/2008 and check the manual.... but I'm not sure I'm keeping it.

well, don't open it on my account, but definitely update if you decide to keep it. :)

Maybe it is because I am tired but I couldn't figure out where to enter my model number at the Graco website you linked???? My model number is 8JOOMTX (I think those are supposed to be o's not zeroes but maybe I am wrong. Also the bottom of the front cover on my manual says "2008 Graco ISPB069BA 2/08 US". And in it, it says not to use LATCH with the seat in booster mode.

I don't know if any of that info helps you or not...I still don't know if I can technically use my seat with LATCH in booster mode since some of the manuals say it is ok.

sorry, you have to click on carseats first, but it won't let me link to that part directly.

anyway, that's exactly what I was wondering. your seat came with a manual that says 02/08, but it still brings up the 12/07 version online. Those are zeros in your model number, btw. :)

it's my opinion that you're fine to use LATCH in booster mode. We've seen it in writing from Graco through official channels. I just wish we had access to that info on a broader scale and more consistently.

TnT's Mom

"sorry, you have to click on carseats first, but it won't let me link to that part directly.

anyway, that's exactly what I was wondering. your seat came with a manual that says 02/08, but it still brings up the 12/07 version online. Those are zeros in your model number, btw. :)

it's my opinion that you're fine to use LATCH in booster mode. We've seen it in writing from Graco through official channels. I just wish we had access to that info on a broader scale and more consistently.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info about the zeros :) (I really should try to sleep more :rolleyes: but I have trouble falling asleep so here I sit reading car-seat.org) and the info from Graco. You're right that it would be nice for some consistency. I had thought when I decided on the Nautilus that it could use LATCH in booster mode so was really frustrated when I read my manual. I do have some time hopefully before it has to go to booster mode...although my son is already on the top harness slots.

ok I also completely mangled the quoting from your post...time to try to sleep!

NannyMom

Crunchy,
I opened my 10/2008 GN today. The Manual was 4/2008.

On page 43 it says:
LATCH should be used to secure the booster seat to the vehicle seat. See instructions for installing your booster seat with LATCH page 31. If LATCH is not available in a vehicle seating position when driving with an unoccupied booster seat, you must always secure the booster seat with the vehicle lap/shoulder belt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC