For those of you who've sold car seats...

BrookeSLP

I've decided to sell our Apex. It just isn't working in the seating arrangements I need it in with a third child on the way. I was just wondering the best place to sell it. It seems like shipping a seat would make it not worth the cost or am I wrong? Any good places to advertise locally?

Thanks for the input!
Brooke

ADS

lovinwaves

Yes, I agree also. Craigslist is perfect. I got top dollar for my gently used Graco ComfortSport. No Shipping, No fees, and free listings!

melaniev

be careful though ... i know its usually obvious but the scammers may be getting smarter. i tried selling a stroller/backpack (instep) on craigslist and got a scam response offering me $1000 for it (I was asking $40/BO). it was something like the person was from a foreign country and would send me a $ order which i would cash and send him some of the difference and said things like "how you do in your country" and stupid stuff like that. this one was very obvious but he actually emailed me twice asking questions before making this offer.

lovinwaves

I have had the same experience with Craigslist. I had a scammer wanting to pick up my item using a shipping agent.

My advice is this: If you have any doubts about the person you are dealing with have them call you or you call them directly.

I love Craigslist, and have dealt with some wonderful people. Just use your brains, and gut instincts and you will be fine.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL, I've got an ad for Daycare on Craigslist, and I'm getting scammers for Daycare services! These people NEVER quit do they?!

lovinwaves

I know, it's pretty crazy how desperate people can be. It's sad that they have a conscience that says its ok to rip innocent people off.

I still LOVE Craigslist though!!!!!!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL, here is the 'current' scam I'm getting. :rolleyes:

"Hello,
I am Mrs Henshaw,i am into buying and selling of art materials....I have been alone for up to 2 yrs now after my wife divorced me and i have been finding it hard training my children because i also need to go to work....
I decided not to employ any nanny but i guess i just have to do that now....I have a baby boy whom icherish very well,a loving and ambitious boy he is....just 3 yrs now..
The company i work for wants to transfer me and there is no way i can take him along and i cant leave him alone in the house till i get back...I will be spending a week away from home...I want you to help me take care of my baby boy till the time i am going to be back...
Please reply if u are willing to help me and please send the total estimate for his stayt with you at once...
Thanks"

Simplysomething

I am Mrs Henshaw,i am into buying and selling of art materials....I have been alone for up to 2 yrs now after my wife divorced me and i have been finding it hard training my children because i also need to go to work....

Hey, Kay, where do you live that Mrs. Henshaw could be divorced from her wife? lol

(How do you report a post here,though? I can't figure it out.)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Simplysomething said:
(How do you report a post here,though? I can't figure it out.)

Do you see that little white and red triangular icon in the upper right hand corner of the post? That is the "report bad post" icon.

lovinwaves

What do you think the scam is? How is He or She going to get money from you? Just wondering.
I will try to find my scam email and send them to you. Mine are pretty good!
-Melissa-

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Oh I'm guessing they are going to 'pay me in advance' then all of a sudden something's going to come up and they won't need me. But go ahead and keep x amount and send the rest to them. Oh, and of course they'll pay MORE then what I'd be asking. That's their typical way, they are just getting more creative trying to find suckers.

I've been getting 4-5 of these a DAY from various people. So it's definitely a scam. I've thought about playing along, but it would be too easy to get my info due to daycare licensing being public info. It wouldn't be that hard if they wanted to.

lovinwaves

KaysKidz, Check this out. This is the scamming i was talking about that was done to me! Read from the bottom up. My name is Melissa. What I had for sale was very nice custom handmade Red Cedar Doors for $300 a piece. What's interesting is never in any of these email does this person refer to them as doors, she always says something like, "your items". Very Weird!! Enjoy Reading though.

Thank you for the response...i am ready to do business with you as soon as you're ready to make me your favourite buyer . My mode of payment would be in check US dollars, because that is the only convenient means for me . I really wish to be there to check out the item but i dont have chance cause am busy .
Concerning the pick up, my shipper would be at your place for the pick up after you receive the payment and it clears .
Pls let me know if you are selling to me...alli need to make the payment is just your contact info .. i really need to get is shipped to my cousin as soon as possible ...
Regards
Mel.

Melissa Forster <lovinwaves@juno.com> wrote:
Hello Mel,

The pictures of the doors on Craiglist are all current. I took the
pictures the day I listed the doors. You mentioned you were ok with
price and condition since the pictures are current. How would you
like to pay for them. We prefer a cash transaction. Have your agent
call me to discuss the purchase of the doors and when he would like
to pick them up. I hope I have answered all of your questions.

Thanks, Melissa Phone Number# 816-718-1625 Call ANYTIME!!

Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:45:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: LOOK!!+++3 SOLID RED CEDAR doors for Sale++Beautiful Hand Crafted+ ++++ - $300
To: Melissa Forster <lovinwaves@juno.com>

Hello ,
Thank you for the response. I am okay with the price and the condition, I really wish to be there to check out the item but i dont have chance cause am a very busy woman and am hearing impaired...pls get back to me as soon as possible with a recent pic of it, i really want to have a view of it before bargaining ...if it pleases me, i would be making payment for it and i can contact my agent to come pick it up ...i will wait for the Pic ...Thanks Mel

Melissa Forster <lovinwaves@juno.com> wrote:
I'm sorry but I don't understand what exactly you are wanting to
know? Please be more specific.

Or, Give me your phone number and I can call you tonight after 9:00pm

Thanks, Melissa

Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:53:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: LOOK!!+++3 SOLID RED CEDAR doors for Sale++Beautiful Hand Crafted+++++ - $300
To: sale-189349700@craigslist.org

Hello Seller, Good day to you am very interested in your good and i want to
know the state and condition of it and the last price it is going for.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards.
Mel .

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC