Britax Blvd and Multi-Tech side by side

laccaycol

Ok i was cleaning out my van so decided to get pics of them side by side:) Not a huge difference the MT is lower than the blvd and wider in the shoulders than the blvd but narrower in the leg area. the first pic is with both headrests all the way up. Going to take another pic with the MT not in recline since the blvd isnt in recline mode

BlvdandMT009.jpg

BlvdandMT011.jpg

Ok here are the ones with the MT not reclined

MTandBlvd002.jpg

MTandBlvd003.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

Hey, could I ask how tall the seatback is on the multitech? And how tall to the tallest one could rf in it? Wondering since I have long torsoed kids and would like to know how much longer I could have reasonably gotten with it;)
Thanks

brittany741

These are so helpful- thank you!

Would you say that one has more height room rear-facing?

We decided to get another BV because we couldn't justify the $500 right now.

Maedze

Very nice! Huh, despite what was said in the other thread, the MT is no bigger than the BV :confused:

I think I've about decided I am ordering one in a few weeks. Sigh.

finn

I just got adventuredad to send me one of these, I cant wait for it to arrive :)

The multi tech does look bigger than the Blvd as it sits lower to the ground :)

zeo2ski

Thanks for the side by side. I suppose the MT allows the head to be over the shell...I was wondering if you went by the US 1" rule if the headwings would count or the shell? I really don't know anything about the MT, so I have a few questions for those of you who have/may be getting one.

Is this a convertible? I thought it was RFing only, but maybe not.

How does it install with a seat belt? Those lock offs look like they are sitting right on the floor, but could be camera angle.

Curious about the actual height too. Even though it sits lower it doesn't look that much taller than the BLVD--is it any taller than the RN or TF? (on the inside)

And what age child did you all decide to get one for? Had they outgrown by height or weight on American seats? Would you add a Britax chest clip or just use it without?

Has anyone had a child outgrow this (by height) before 4 years old?

And...if your child made it to almost 3 years old in a US seat would you consider getting a MT to continue RFing? I'd feel a lot better at age 3 than I would age 2, but right now my DS is 2.5 and I'm scared to death to turn him.

Lara

And what age child did you all decide to get one for? Had they outgrown by height or weight on American seats? Would you add a Britax chest clip or just use it without?

And...if your child made it to almost 3 years old in a US seat would you consider getting a MT to continue RFing? I'd feel a lot better at age 3 than I would age 2, but right now my DS is 2.5 and I'm scared to death to turn him.

I have a two way, not a MT, but I can answer some of your questions.

Its a convertible, rf to 55 lbs, ff to 55, booster to 55.

I got my TW for dd when she was 3. I wouldn't have imported one under normal circumstances, but i had a friend going to Sweden who offered so...

No chest clip, especially on the MT. You couldn't use the shoulder pads if you did, and those are required. The TW...you could probably get away with it. But honestly, having a chest clip-less seat is AWESOME. I love it :love:

finn

just a note the multi tech is harnessed to 18kg which i think is 40lbs forward facing, not 55lbs. It is a booster from 40lbs to 55lbs :)

cowgirlsmommy

I will definitely be buying a multi tech for our next child if they end up growing like our daughter did. She had outgrown rear facing at 18 months old because of weight.

Lara

just a note the multi tech is harnessed to 18kg which i think is 40lbs forward facing, not 55lbs. It is a booster from 40lbs to 55lbs :)

Ah, I stand corrected. I looked at a picture in their manual that must imply booster use to 55 lbs, didn't read the whole thing (although, I could have sworn it was 40, and thats what i originally typed! so yeah, I was confused when I saw that in the manual :p)

zeo2ski

Thanks. I found a post explaining the MT pretty well. Don't know why I thought it was only RFing, so I wondered what those red belt guides were.
That post showed the installation pretty well too.

I could totally justify the cost of the Two Way, the MT would be pushing it but I'd do it if I had a kid under 2 needing one. I've thought about it though and I'd be afraid to "get caught" by the county since we'll be doing foster care soon and would hate to be breaking the law regarding a child...even though it's for a very good purpose, the county has too much power. Although we'll see what happens the first time I have to put my guy FFing--I might break down and contact AD.

delgirrrl

Thanks for the side by side. I suppose the MT allows the head to be over the shell...I was wondering if you went by the US 1" rule if the headwings would count or the shell? I really don't know anything about the MT, so I have a few questions for those of you who have/may be getting one.

How does it install with a seat belt? Those lock offs look like they are sitting right on the floor, but could be camera angle.

Curious about the actual height too. Even though it sits lower it doesn't look that much taller than the BLVD--is it any taller than the RN or TF? (on the inside)

Has anyone had a child outgrow this (by height) before 4 years old?

I too have both a Boulevard and a Multi-Tech (and a Frontier). The MT is a much taller seat than the boulevard, but as it sits right on the vehicle seat, it 'starts' much lower, if you get my drift, so despite having a much bigger capacity, it actually takes up less room.

I can't imagine a child outgrowing the MT RF before 4 years. My son is huge, (over 40 inches and 44 lbs) and very long torsoed with stumpy legs (aww, sounds terrible - he's beautiful!!:love: ) he still has plenty of room in the current height slot, and one more to go.

It installs easily with a seatbelt. Yes, those are lock-offs... trust me, it does work, although if you have long stalks you will need to twist them.

Personally, yes, I'd consider getting one to keep your 2.5yr old RF - but hey, that's all personal choice, but what I can tell you is that I believe most kids could get to 5 RF in this seat.

No chest clip! If you actually see one you'll realise it's not needed, the strap configuration is much different than the US seats.

Good luck - if you want any more info, please ask :)

Adventuredad

Seat shell of the Multi Tech is 24.5 inches. That is inside bottom of seat to top of seat if that makes any sense. I think the MT is quite a bit taller than BV since it sits very low.

It would be very unusual for a child to outgrow the seat before age 4.

No chest clip is actually a safety feature...... ECE R44 requires one point release so no chest clip. One can add one layer if desired.

There is an English manual here

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have a very very unusual child... What's the seat with the TALLEST shell? If she outgrows the Radian RF by height or weight before 2 (concievable) I think I'll be importing one...

Jennifer mom to my 7

I too have both a Boulevard and a Multi-Tech (and a Frontier). The MT is a much taller seat than the boulevard, but as it sits right on the vehicle seat, it 'starts' much lower, if you get my drift, so despite having a much bigger capacity, it actually takes up less room.

I can't imagine a child outgrowing the MT RF before 4 years. My son is huge, (over 40 inches and 44 lbs) and very long torsoed with stumpy legs (aww, sounds terrible - he's beautiful!!:love: ) he still has plenty of room in the current height slot, and one more to go.

:)

What is his torso height? My 3 year old is 41 inches, 40 pounds, and has close to a 17 inch torso. So, this is why Ketchup and I are wondering;) She was close to being at the 1 inch rule of the decathlon when she outgrew it by weight at 32.5 pounds at 25 months.

edited to add that 24.5 inches is the same height as the nautilus on its lowest setting (bottom of back of seat to the very top of the headrest in the lowest setting). Which puts my 3.25 year old a little less of an inch below that spot. Hmm, she might just grow out of a MT before 4.

zeo2ski

Why does this topic have to come up right now while I'm between seats????!!! Stop making my THINK!

So I saw an older post and the Two Way can be shipped for 400 USD? See, that's so comprable to a $300 seat...

My 2.5 year old is currently at 32 lbs, after a 4 lb growth spurt over the past couple months, but he seems to have leveled off and I'm hoping he'll stay put for a while. He also shot up in height, so I just had to order the Radian XT to fix the height problem in the BLVD. I guess I just need to see how long he will actually last before 35 lbs, but I'm guessing close to 3 years. I always thought I'd be comfortable at 3, but right now, I'm so NOT comfortable even for one or two trips to town. So about how long would it take to get one here if I ordered one in a few months?

Obviously the MT would be my first choice, but with the price difference, why don't more people opt for the TWE? I prefer headwings for sure, but this seat would only be used RFing for me (just keep passing it down) so the wings aren't that significant of a difference, right?

mykidsmylife

OMG we do have that seat in Germany. I saw it at Baby Waltz and had no clue it was a rf/ff seat..... To think I could have bought it and used my VAT form and brought it into the states with no issues. Dang it all...... Maybe next time I take a military hop. ;)

delgirrrl

What is his torso height? My 3 year old is 41 inches, 40 pounds, and has close to a 17 inch torso. So, this is why Ketchup and I are wondering;) She was close to being at the 1 inch rule of the decathlon when she outgrew it by weight at 32.5 pounds at 25 months.

Sorry for the delay, had to get him to sit still for a measure up! Seated torso height to shoulder is "at least" 15.5 inches... (OK, so I had difficulties getting him to sit straight and still!)

IMHO (and don't hold me to this!!) if your daughter has an extra 1.5 inches in the torso than my lad, I think she'd still be able to RF in the MT on the last slot.

Adventuredad

I have a very very unusual child... What's the seat with the TALLEST shell? If she outgrows the Radian RF by height or weight before 2 (concievable) I think I'll be importing one...

Multi Tech is the seat with the tallest shell. Seat shell, from bottom inside seat to top of seat shell is 24.5 inches That's closely followed by Britax Two-Way which is around 24 inches. Also keep in mind that the "1 inch rule" doesn't apply. With US seats there must be 1 inch of space between top of head and top of seat shell. Swedish seats are outgrown when tip of ears peaks above top of seat shell. That means about a 1/3 of the head is above the top of seat shell. Seats are tested this way and it's safe. This does make quite a bit of difference in how long a child can sit rear facing.

Harness is supposed to be at or above shoulders but this is also a little bit "flexible". I've confirmed this with Britax after questions by users. Lets say harness is at your daughters shoulders but there is still space avaialble height wise. It would then be alright to keep using the seat even if harness went a little below shoulders. It would not be alright to use a harness which is 5 inches below shoulder if you know what I mean. Even if there was a tiny disadvantage to having the harness just below shoulders, the advantages of still being rear facing would outweigh this by a large margin. am I making any sense..?:whistle:

My 5 year old son is quite tall, 95th percentile, and could still sit in a MT without problems. His torso is around 17 inches. Most other Swedish seats are 22.5 inches in height which is often enough to keep a 45 inch child rear facing.

And Ketchupqueen, stop feeding your daughter steroids:whistle::D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC