Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Help me decide??

What would you do. We just got hubby a decent car and I need to get a carseat for our DD who is 14mo and about 21lbs. In my van she has a true fit and I assumed I would buy another BUT it is HORRIBLE to get it latched in. I can't seem to get the right angle on the hooks. Anyhoo thats not my issue. I think I am going to get her an Avenue because she is not in the seat that often. My dilemma comes now. We also have a 4.5yo 45in 48lbs who his father bought a backless booster and has been letting him use it for a couple months now (he grew out of the last one and I put off going). I don't like it. Question is should I get him a Nautilis or should I get a high back booster? I LOVE the fact that he can get in and buckle himself and am afraid that I will spend the extra $$ for the harness and it will get used as a high back anyway.

What do you all think??

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Help me decide??

At 4.5, I would want to keep him harnesses, so Nautilus it is.

That is what I thought you would say. I'm going to put it to hubby that since I am getting DD a relatively inexpensive seat I am going to splurge on the Nautilis since eventually it can be used by the baby when DS is old enough for that blasted booster! LOL We'll see how it goes...

Thanks for your help!

Senior Community Member MustangMama's Avatar

Nautilus it is

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mama_2_4 View Post
    I LOVE the fact that he can get in and buckle himself
    Actually, the Nautilus was the first seat that my DS could really buckle/unbuckle by himself, so you might be surprised. I think a lot of parents have found that it's easier for kids to manage on their own.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.