Non CR EEK!

B

bucket2

Just venting. For the 3rd time in seven years, I have a mouse in the house. This time, the critter has even ventured to the second floor (bathroom). [I should note that I am NOT an animal person in any way, shape or form. As I tell most of the parents whose kids I watch, "I don't do feathers or fur. in fact, I'm not too far away from being scared of most."]

My first mouse enjoyed dining on crackers throughout my lower cupboards and drawers. It then escaped the trap (wounded - white linoleum) and convelesed on my futon for the day until I could get the neighbor kid to remove it, after watching the morning news with me (not kidding - it was sitting up on the arm of the futon, watching the TV).

Mouse #2 (about a year later) was quick and easy - fatal cervical spine injury.

Now, "mouse #3." He's eaten fruit that was ripening on the counter and wandered through the misc. that is under the bathroom sink (upstairs, within feet of my BED :eek: ). I set the trap yesterday and this morning, it's GONE! No trap (and it was one of the plastic "clip" kind - no small item) although there are the usual signs that the mouse was in the area. I'm totally weirded out by this. Do I have a mouse on steroids or some kind of work group or what? When the hour is closer to human, I'm calling the landlord (yet another reason I continue to rent - I don't have to deal with. . .)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yikes. I don't envy you!

I do like animals, but I don't want any mice, rats, insects, or other animals in my house if I have not chosen to put them there. ;) While I think that mice in a cage are adorable, there is something really creepy about a wild mouse running around your house, eating your food, etc. Yuck.

Good luck with your de-mousing! :p

Michi

Yeah - they can drag those things all over.
We had voles in our yard (basically short, fat mice w/ a really short tail) and we set a lot of traps.
The traps didn't kill them ,and they dragged them all over the place.
Most died getting stuck trying to go back down in their hole in the ground
(only they wouldn't fit because of the trap) and they froze to death overnight. Ick!
We only had a mouse in the house once, and my DH saw it, threw a box over it, and then took it outside and set it free in a field down the street.

B

bucket2

jenny03 said:
That's lovely, it's probably walking around with the trap attached to his hiney... LOL

I wish! He was moving just fine as I watched him run around the outside edge of the living room this morning. :( Or - HORRORS - he has a sibling! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC