True Fit or another Radian (XT?) -NEED to decide tonight!!!

arly1983

So I miscounted the number of seats I need...

I have a Nautilus and Radian in my car. My MIL has a Nautilus and Radian in her car. My mom has a Triumph Advance in her car.

I NEED something else in my mom's car and preferably before I have this baby (Thursday) and at the very latest by this Saturday (before DH leaves for 5 weeks).

C is 36 lbs. J is 41 lbs. C is right at the second from the top slots of the radian. J is right over them.

I don't want another Nautilus.

I am thinking either True Fit or Radian ordered from Walmart.com. Last time I ordered from them it was here in 2 days home delivery.

If I get a True Fit it will have to go in my van for C. I can do a 3-across my mom's car with an SS1 (without base), Radian, Triumph Advance.

These seats will be used pretty often as my mom and MIL will be my main support for the next year and a half.

We have only been here 2 weeks and I have been surprised at how many times it makes more sense for J and C to ride with my mom and MIL and I am sure after Baby gets here, that will be happening more often. Even if one of them is not used alot, it can be used later for Baby's RFing seat.

Help me decide please:eek:

Some factors I have already thought of:
C loves her radian.
True Fit is cheaper (and money is an issue).
I wonder if I could get a RFing radian and 2 FFing radians in my third row? (just wondering)
Main Factor SPEED!

I would order a Radian XT but I need it like NOW!!! Everyone seems to be getting their tech discount Radian XTs pretty quick. I could order one direct from SKJP but that would be a gamble.

ADS

libranbutterfly

I forgot how old your kids are. I have no experience with the Trufit, so I would be tempted to get it. But I would probably go with a Radian because it may make it easier to get three across. I'd be very tempted to get an XT, because again, I'd want to play with it, but I'd probably get a regular radian from Walmart.com to make sure it gets there in time.

arly1983

Sorry, J is 4 and C is 2.5. I can come back with torso heights after I get them to bed.

I didn't think about the whole crotch strap TF fiasco. The last time she tried one was in June and that was a 3 position crotch strap. I wonder where she would be now. She is over the fartherest out position in the Nauti.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The tech XT's aren't shipping until April now.

If you want an XT, try to find them in stock somewhere.

I LOVE my XT, so I vote for that. I've seen and played with a True Fit and it's nice, but I'd want the 3 across capabilities of the Radian's, and the True Fit is pretty wide on the inside, and I like a closer fit for increased SIP.

djma

Oh Arly! Why did you have to leave??? :p I got my Radian XT from that store you and I went to in Snellville to look at the Frontier! They have them in stock.

I :love: the new Radian! I think that's your best bet.

arly1983

Oh Arly! Why did you have to leave??? :p I got my Radian XT from that store you and I went to in Snellville to look at the Frontier! They have them in stock.

I :love: the new Radian! I think that's your best bet.

Your kidding me. :eek: ~doesthehappydance~

WOW! You got an XT!

Go find your cell phone, I am calling you.

zeo2ski

... True Fit is pretty wide on the inside, and I like a closer fit for increased SIP.
:yeahthat: Even on my 24 mos old he had so much room on the inside it didn't look real good to me, though the seat itself is very nice and I wouldn't mind it for a bigger kiddo. I was debating between these 2 seats as well and just ordered the XT. babyviva has them and cribs n kids, and there were a couple other places too.

arly1983

Ok, You guys I right. I really like my radians and I am willing to work something out until I can get an XT.

There might could be a way I could get one in the next couple of days ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC