Seat guessing game

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
A customer at work tonight was trying to describe a seat he was given for free at a hospital in the US. The seat wasn't there, so the details are a little sketchy, but I'm hoping it might be enough that one of you wonderful folks will have the answer. :)

- 3 pt harness
- freebie
- no base
- crotch strap has 2 positions and is an actual buckle

I didn't think to ask how the harness is tightened... Ideas?

ADS

MoreLatte

:yeahthat:

Sounds just like what we sell at our hospital for our preemies, Graco Assura.

I hate it! It has low harness slots, thats the only good thing about it. But yeah, no base, and a 3pt harness. No head support, very basic. But if I remember correctly, it has latch straps? I'll have to look tonight. Its a total rip-off for our parents, they charge $40 or $50 for it.

Maedze

Yes, it has LATCH but no base. Bar-and-loop adjuster in the back. Minimal padding. No EPS foam. The plastic is painfully flimsy, makes cosco infant carriers look sturdy. It really is a baby 'bucket'.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks. :D

I wondered if it might be the Assura. I just didn't know about the crotch strap having multiple positions.

Dad had been looking to buy a car bed because a midwife had told him car beds were more appropriate for long trips. :rolleyes: I'm not even surprised anymore when people come looking for a car bed mind you... but thank goodness the only way to get a hold of one in Canada is through the hospital.

And hey, I told dad to buy a 5pt bucket seat since he wasn't legally allowed to use the US seat anyways. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC