Real life torso room difference Regent vs. Nautilus.

monstah

Just wondering how much extra room kids usually get in the Regent over the Nautilus. Has anyone ever had a Regent installed, then switched it out and put a Nautilus in the same exact seat (or vice versa.) And compared torso room?

I know the difference in harness height on paper, and know that that isn't always accurate depending on how kids fit into a seat.

I tried searching, but haven't found what I am looking for. Thanks!!

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

I don't have the installed version, but I do know my dd was at the limits of the nautilus when we bought it last January, and she just outgrew the regent (and I mean just....putting her sis in it so played musical car seats today). So, she got a full year more use out of the regent then she would have had in the nautilus. HTH a bit:)

Last edited:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My DS is at the top slots (though with some growing room) of the Nautilus. He's still in the second-to-top slots of the Regent. He will last MUCH longer in the Regent.

Now, those are installed in two different vehicles, but I don't think there would be much difference, if any, installed in the same car.

Calideedle

My DS has outgrown the Nautilus by 1/2 an inch and he is almost even with the 2nd to top slots in the Regent, so the Regent will last much longer for us.

kristenbelle

Following this thread closely! We just purchased a Nautilus because DD1 (5 years, 2 months) grew out of her Safeguard Go. After weeks of research and indecision, I decided on the GN. She rode in it for the first time today and it went well. She seemed comfy and liked the cup holder and other design aspects. The other seat that was close in the running was the Frontier, but the GN won out due to higher harness height, plus it felt sturdier to me when I compared them in BRU.

We have another GN on order as she is also growing out of her Wizard, but it's not due to arrive until March (!!) from the online Target store, so of course I'm rethinking my decision. I'm a bit anxious about her comfort in the GN as she gets older/bigger as far as growing room for shoulders and hips. She's a narrow, lean kid with a long torso, so it will probably be fine. But I wonder if I would be smarter to get a Regent for our 2nd seat for her, to keep her in a 5 point for longer in our primary vehicle? Or if she'll get cranky (later on) if she's in a 5 point in one car but in a booster in another.....

We have another daughter whose Wizard will expire in July of 2010, so we can always give her the GN to use at that time and then re-evaluate where we are with DD1 as far as another carseat. The page of pictures of all the big kids in the Huskies/Regents was very reaffirming, as I had found myself thinking that DD1 would be in a booster by 6 or 7 depending on her growth patterns. Maybe not.

Gee these are hard decisions to make! Nice that Britax is going on sale soon, though, I do indeed decide to get a Regent.........

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I've had both a GN and a Husky in the same seating position with the same kid, but the Husky seems to have higher slots for some folks so I'm not sure if it's an accurate comparison. My Husky is installed with the recline bar, though.

My dd was just under the 2nd-from-top slots in the GN in that location, and about halfway between the 2nd-from-top and 3rd-from-top slots in the Husky. I'd say right now she's probably above the 2nd-from-top in the GN, and she's almost even with the 2nd-from-top in the Husky.

I think the previous poster's estimate of about a year is pretty close to what we would get, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC