Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Question 3 across in a Hyundai Tucson

I was directed here for info...hoping for some help...I read thru the entire successful 3 across thread but no car like mine so here's my question
    I just found out that I am having twins and will have a 2yo when they are born. I currently have the Alpha Omega Elite forward facing in the passenger side forward facing, will probably move him to the center when putting new seats in for the babies. I also have a Graco Safe Seat infant carrier that I would like to use for 1 of the twins and need to purchase the 3rd seat...
    any info would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Dina

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: 3 across in a Hyundai Tucson

Those two seats are not going to puzzle next to eachother at all in a Tucson. You will however, be able to get a forward facing Radian in the center position with SafeSeat infant carriers outboard on each side

How old is the child in the AOE and how much does s/he weigh?

Unregistered

My son is currently 19.5m old and 27lbs forward facing in my AOE. I am guessing by the time the twins roll around he will be closer to 30 lbs...

I drive a '05 Tucson, & fitting 3 across will be a bit of a challenge. I think Maedze was right. Try the Radian in the middle & the infant seats outboard. Good luck & congrats on the twins!

CPS Advocate

Thanks for getting back to us!

At his age and weight, he should absolutely still be rearfacing. The AOE makes a tolerable rearfacing seat and will fit in the Tucson. At his age, he is 500% more likely to be injured or even killed in an accident as a forward facing rider. We like to see kids rear face to the limits of the convertible.

In your shoes, I would immediately turn him rear facing and keep him that way until the twins are born, at which point I would plan on putting him in a forward facing Radian with a SafeSeat on either side.