3 across in a Hyundai Tucson

U

Unregistered

I was directed here for info...hoping for some help...I read thru the entire successful 3 across thread but no car like mine so here's my question
I just found out that I am having twins and will have a 2yo when they are born. I currently have the Alpha Omega Elite forward facing in the passenger side forward facing, will probably move him to the center when putting new seats in for the babies. I also have a Graco Safe Seat infant carrier that I would like to use for 1 of the twins and need to purchase the 3rd seat...
any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dina

ADS

Maedze

Those two seats are not going to puzzle next to eachother at all in a Tucson. You will however, be able to get a forward facing Radian in the center position with SafeSeat infant carriers outboard on each side :)

How old is the child in the AOE and how much does s/he weigh?

U

Unregistered

My son is currently 19.5m old and 27lbs forward facing in my AOE. I am guessing by the time the twins roll around he will be closer to 30 lbs...

Heather98012

I drive a '05 Tucson, & fitting 3 across will be a bit of a challenge. I think Maedze was right. Try the Radian in the middle & the infant seats outboard. Good luck & congrats on the twins!

Maedze

Thanks for getting back to us!

At his age and weight, he should absolutely still be rearfacing. The AOE makes a tolerable rearfacing seat and will fit in the Tucson. At his age, he is 500% more likely to be injured or even killed in an accident as a forward facing rider. We like to see kids rear face to the limits of the convertible.

In your shoes, I would immediately turn him rear facing and keep him that way until the twins are born, at which point I would plan on putting him in a forward facing Radian with a SafeSeat on either side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC