Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Lauren

3 seats in 3rd row - Lanc Cruiser

We are going to take a road trip with my husband's brother's family. We each have 2 kids. 3 of the children are forward facing, the 4th child is not. We would like to have the 3 FW facing kids in the 3rd row, and the rear facing infant in the 2nd row middle. My question is about the 3 FW facing kiddos. What is a narrow seat that can be accomodated in the 3rd row of the Land Cruiser? Currently we have a Boulevard, Wizard and a Roundabout. We know the 3 large seats won't work in the 3rd row. I haven't tried 3 Roundabouts (SIL has 2 RA), but my guess is those are even too wide. What is a safe, narrow car seat that we could buy to use?

If need be I guess we can put the 3 kids in the middle row, but it will be easier to meet their needs in the trip if we are the other way...

Is the 3rd row safe?

Sorry for the ramble...

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    I would definitely try the 3 roundabouts together 1st. If you're not objectionable to it, try forward- rear - forward facing because sometimes that will work. Otherwise you're looking at $600 + on new seats. I'm guessing someone will recommend the Radian because supposedly it's very narrow, but I've never had one so can't speak from personal experience.

Unregistered
    We will try the 3 RA together first for sure, but if we needed to buy some, I thought maybe a Cosco Scenera. Is everyone here still a fan of the Sceneras?

The Scenera is a good basic seat. It is wider than the Touriva was, so it may or may not work.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley