Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

He Hates the TF :(

It has been over two weeks since we received our TF, and I'm pretty sure it's a no-go. DS whines everytime we go near the car, now, and he never did that with his MA. He also fusses/cries the ENTIRE time we're in the car. I think it's because he can't as much as he could in the MA. I've tried special toys, DVD's, music...nothing's working. I think today was the straw that broke the camel's back. I had to listen to him scream for an entire hour on the way home. Nothing I did would console him. We stopped, had a break, and he started screaming the moment he was back in the car.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm just not loving the fit of the harness on him. DH is wondering if the harness is hitting him in a wierd spot on his thighs and if that is contributing to his fussiness. I also hate how my straps seem to get twisted every.darn.time we take a ride.

I guess I'll put the MA back in my car for the time being. I want to see if switching seats changes his attitude. I know alot of it is probably just his age, but I've noticed an increase in fussiness since the day we got the TF. Coincidence? Maybe, but I want to make sure. If he's better in the MA then it's so long TF. I'm really bummed to let go of this seat. I want to love it, and I do love it(to an extent). Not to mention the chance of keeping DS RF past two. I don't think he'll make it to three in the MA.

Anyway, this is just rambling. Trying to make sense of things and help myself feel better about it at the same time.
    Coty-
    Mama to Charlie since 6.27.07 & Scarlett since 7.21.10
    Now have my Mazda 5 back with a RF MA65 and a RF MT.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

Re: He Hates the TF :(

Oh, that's too bad. I just love the seat for Karley and she love it too. She seems very comfortable in it but does get a little frustrated with the cup holder. It needs to be out front a little more. I'd love to get another one for hubby's Jeep. Keep us posted on this.
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.

Ugh. I'll keep y'all posted. I just really really really want BOTH of us to love this seat!
    Coty-

He looks so happy in your siggy. I'm not in love with the TF either, which really disappoints me. I want to love it so badly.
    DD1--4/6/2006--Britax Parkway SGL
    DD2--12/9/2012--Britax Advocate and Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by BW1426 View Post
    He looks so happy in your siggy. I'm not in love with the TF either, which really disappoints me. I want to love it so badly.
    I know! He was very excited because I made a big deal about his 'new big boy seat.' I guess it's back to the 'ole MA. He's only got two inches of torso growth room though.
    Coty-

Well, I put the MA back in the car yesterday. He rode all over town, happy as a clam, waving at other cars and telling me, 'tuck, choo choo, cah.' So I guess there's my answer. He really does hate the TF. I'm so, so sad. He's projected to outgrow the MA by 2.5(if not before, because I think he just spurted again). Sigh...
    Coty-

Carseat Crazy

Looking at his picture makes me smile. He is seriously adorable!

Do you think it's because the True Fit is so much lower and he can't see out the window as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie87 View Post
    Do you think it's because the True Fit is so much lower and he can't see out the window as well?
    I do believe that's a part of it. However, I know he CAN see out the windows because he was still saying 'choo choo' when we went through this one intersection where there's a building with a train on the side of it. LOL Trains are his current obsession. The other part of it, I believe, is that he can't hang his legs over the side of the seat like he does in the MA. The sides of the TF are too tall for that.

BTW...love your new pic!
    Coty-

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCharlie View Post
    BTW...love your new pic!
    Thanks! I love it too!