Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Question Can anything be done about the huge amount of SPAM on the boards lately ?

I'm only seeing it on this board, and I'm a member of many different boards online.

Can ANYTHING be done to slow it down or get rid of it?
    Mama to :
    Boo (2002), apramo backless booster
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

yeah, it's really getting annoying - especially as I have limited computer time at the moment. We're having hardware issues so my pc is randomly shutting down.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar
    Thanks to those of you who are reporting it as soon as you see it, we've been able to get to it within about an hour of it being posted. It's probably some college kids and will be dealt with on an administrative level as soon as Darren is able.

We appreciate your patience when this happens .

Carseat Crazy
    Yeah, it seems like they are all coming to our board lately. Aren't we lucky?!

I will be back Tuesday. As always, use the "Report Bad Post" icon link if you spot spam or offensive content. It's the red triangle icon on the right side of the top bar in each post.

Being open to questions without requiring regsitration does subject these forums to spam. Making users register would cut down on spam to some extent, at least from automatic spam bots.

Anonymous posting is currently disabled until I get my computer fixed and can attend to the spam attacks more quickly. This may not get rid of the spam, but it will take them more time.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar
    Thanks for everything you are doing to rid the board of spam!!

If anyone spots any additional spam posts or one that we missed, please use the "Report Bad Post" feature mentioned above. Many thanks to Monika, Heather, Ulrike and Julie who took care of most of the spam while I was away. Funny coincidence on the timing... Addendum to Murphy's Law, I guess.