Question Gogo Kidz and True Fit

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Can anyone with experience with the Gogo Kidz tell me if this looks ok or if the next larger set of rings need to be used so that the thumb screw can be tightened all the way into the grommet clamp (or whatever it was they called it.)

The manual simply says to tighten the thumb screws all the way. If I move to the outer grommet on each end I can get it tightened all the way, but it doesn't seem as sturdy as when I go one in the way these pictures show. Perhaps some slight wiggle is normal when I grab onto the unit itself and try to move it on the carseat? The carseat didn't shift when I rolled it with using the outside grommet holes, it just seems better this way?

Anyone use a TF on a Gogo Kidz yet? Which holes did you use and any tips?

ADS

kelsy

i dont have the TF but that is how it looked when i used it with our evenflow triumph. IMO, tighter is better,,,,, nothing sucks worse than rolling along the concourse only to have the seat slide off the wheels :(

GL with your travels!

snowbird25ca

i dont have the TF but that is how it looked when i used it with our evenflow triumph. IMO, tighter is better,,,,, nothing sucks worse than rolling along the concourse only to have the seat slide off the wheels :(

GL with your travels!

Thanks. :)

Did you travel with the old Triumph or the new Triumph Advance? I'm still trying to decide between the TF and the EFTA and can't make up my mind as to which I'd rather take. :eek:

shauburg

Did you consider taking the Radian? I've heard the Radian makes such a great plane seat (FF). The kids can use the tray table to eat, colour, etc... and he could see the T.V. I also think the Radian would be much easier to tote around when not in use (you can borrow my shoulder carry strap if you need one!).

I'd be okay with B FF on the plane (not that I have a choice, since his Radian must be FF anywhere!) and of course J can still RF in the Radian in a car if needed when you get there. Are you using the seat at your destination in a vehicle or is it just for use on the plane?

Of course, if I take B on a plane while he's still <35lbs, I'd still be tempted to take the TF just to see if I get any comments for trying to RF him on the plane at his age/size. :whistle: (And I'd get the bonus of the RF seat for car use at the other end).

snowbird25ca

Did you consider taking the Radian? I've heard the Radian makes such a great plane seat (FF). The kids can use the tray table to eat, colour, etc... and he could see the T.V. I also think the Radian would be much easier to tote around when not in use (you can borrow my shoulder carry strap if you need one!).

I'd be okay with B FF on the plane (not that I have a choice, since his Radian must be FF anywhere!) and of course J can still RF in the Radian in a car if needed when you get there. Are you using the seat at your destination in a vehicle or is it just for use on the plane?

Of course, if I take B on a plane while he's still <35lbs, I'd still be tempted to take the TF just to see if I get any comments for trying to RF him on the plane at his age/size. :whistle: (And I'd get the bonus of the RF seat for car use at the other end).

I really don't want to deal with the Radian. :eek: I don't know what vehicle it will be going in to on the other end, and there's a high likelihood of a seatbelt install if I'm able to install it in the center. I just don't want to have that stress of not knowing if it would go in easy or be a fight... and it's such a space hog in so many vehicles when installed rf'ing - with not knowing the vehicle I won't know how upright it would be able to be installed.. plus carrying the boot seems like a royal pita to me too. :eek:

Thankfully the seat will only be installed into the rental once and will stay in the vehicle until we leave, so there won't be a bunch of moving around involved. If I was planning to ff him on the plane I might consider it more strongly, but ff'ing him on the plane right now would mean no chance of him sleeping on the flight since he's not used to sitting bolt upright. Our return flight arrives at the airport here at 11:30pm AB time, so there's a good chance he'll sleep on at least the return flight.

It would work well if it wasn't for the frustrations I have with the seat sometimes and not being able to rf him on the plane. :p I'm not sure rf'ing him on the plane is really that huge a deal, I'm really just thinking more in terms of sleep comfort. If I ended up having to ff him that would make the EFTA more attractive to bring since it has a ff'ing recline. I just don't know... :eek:

I called gogo kidz and they said that the TF is compatible and the way it is in the pic's I posted is perfectly fine. I'm still not sure about which seat I'm going to take mind you. :p

I am leaning towards getting one of those soft lap desk things that you can buy at wal-mart and TRU and he'll be able to color on that. We might get a portable DVD player too, though I'm not completely decided on that one. We don't really watch TV around home and when he's seen it at friends' houses he tends to ignore it, so I don't know how much of a distraction it would really be?

(if I don't email you in the near future, email me and ask me about the EFTA install from after the playdate at MWRC. It's quite a story...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC