Monterey/Radian puzzle?

Murphy's Law

How well does a Monterey puzzle with a RF RN? FWIW, the the Monterey would be outboard as the RN has to be center b/c it's a lap belt only there.

Thanks.

ADS

itzmeigh

They have the same "base" so I'd say that they should look like 2 radians sitting next to each other.

I wouldn't say that Radians puzzle with each other however. Al least not in the base. They are so narrow that they more just sit next to each other.

I have some pictures of a FFing RFing Radian in 2 different cars if you wanna see it.

itzmeigh

These installs are in a 2007 Honda Odyssey 3rd row. The middle seat is not buckled but It can be. I just wasn't leaving it there at the time and it was very hot outside.

FFing RFing FFing Radians. You can see how much room between the bases.

P1020758.jpg

Looking down between the FFing and RFing Radian. The Mesh (SuperCool) Radian is in the middle. Sorry, I know that they are so close to the same color it is hard to tell them apart.

In this picture you are looking down over the back of the RFing Radian...

P1020760.jpg

This picture you are looking at a different angle but the same set up. The Mesh seat is the RFing seat. You can see the buckle back there...

P1020761.jpg

This picture looks from seat level looking betwen the seats so you can see just how much room there is. I know these 2 are FFing but there is even more room when one is RFing.

P1020763.jpg

And just to compare... Here are the 3 seats all FFing. You can see how squished they are at the shoulders but how WAY more room there is at the seating area... And they truely are squished in there. There is negitive room between the shoulder areas of the seats.

P1020764.jpg

I hope that helps you some. I'll look and see if I have any pictures that show the install any different in my Rav4. But I kinda don't think there are any that show the area between the seating area well enough.

BW1426

The Monterey is huge. Mommy2Five PMd me pictures of her 3 across setup--Monterey/Radian/Monterey--and it just worked in her huge backseat (I cannot recall what she drives). Even if it does fit, it will be very difficult to buckle. The Monterey is not the same size as the Radian, it is much wider. What vehicle is this going in?

Murphy's Law

Thanks, that was helpful!

The vehicle is a Mitsubishi Montero, not sure the year, pre-latch. It would be Monterey, RF RN, backless Turbo. Right now they have backless turbo, RF RN, and backless Turbo and they fit okay. My hope was that since the RN is RF, the larger width at the upper part of the Monterey would still fit next to it. Am I way off base? I've not yet seen a Monterey in person.

Kat_Momof3

The Monterey is huge. Mommy2Five PMd me pictures of her 3 across setup--Monterey/Radian/Monterey--and it just worked in her huge backseat (I cannot recall what she drives). Even if it does fit, it will be very difficult to buckle. The Monterey is not the same size as the Radian, it is much wider. What vehicle is this going in?

I agree... if I didn't have my radian boxed up, I'd take pics to show you just how different they are.

The armrests also make a big difference.

BW1426

It might work, however, I would really want to try it before committing. I don't have a Monterey to play with otherwise I could try it in the Explorer and see how it fits in there.

I must have deleted those old PMs with the pictures I had last time I purged my PM box. I don't believe Mommy2Five has those seats anymore either.

A Vivo would be much narrower and I've had good luck puzzling that next to my radians. I do have a Vivo, radian and turbo though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC