ADS

vangelder03

yes i can be back in 10 minutes
ethan 30lbs 15 inch torso 4yrs 4months
courtney 23lbs 14inch torso 2yrs 7months
holland 22lbs 11 1/2 inch torso 6 months

Last edited:

Mama Jo

How much space do you have in your backseat and what's your budget? If it was me and I had the space, like a 3rd row, I'd probably get TrueFits for the 2 little ones and a Nautilus for the older one. But those are all pretty big, so that might not be practical depending on your car. I wouldn't invest in another bucket seat for the 6 month old, you wouldn't get enough use out of it to make it worth it.

Mama Jo

Radians would have been my other suggestion. If you can fit 2 TrueFits and a Nautilus that's what I would do.

The 2 little ones could still fit RF and then FF when the time comes, and the older one would be able to be harnessed and then convert to a high back booster later on.

((Actually, if it was me, I'd probably do a TrueFit and a Boulevard instead of 2 TrueFits, only because I'm trying to decide between the 2 of them now and I can't make up my mind!! But being that you have to buy 3 new seats, I'd opt for the less expensive!))

NannyMom

What is your 4 year olds usual seat? You said the booster wasn't his normal seat. Do you want to keep the baby in a carrier for a while, or is switching to a convertible now ok?

vangelder03

What is your 4 year olds usual seat? You said the booster wasn't his normal seat. Do you want to keep the baby in a carrier for a while, or is switching to a convertible now ok?

toyota sienna
ethan rf radian behind passenger 3 row
courtney rf radian behind driver 3 row
holland safe seat behind driver seat captains chair

Last edited:

April

Oh...Ethan was normally still rear facing? That's GREAT. Good job:thumbsup: In that case, I'd likely do true fits for the younger two and maybe a Radian for Ethan. That way you can still rf him, but it will look more like a big kid seat keeping him harnessed for a good while. Sounds like he would have lots of room to grow in a Radian. Unless you wanted to do THREE true fits?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm confused. Let me see if I have this right: Normally your older children are in RF Radians, but you were cleaning the covers, so the oldest was in a booster, and the middle child was FF in a Priori?

If so, their primary seats are still fine, because they weren't in the car, right? So what you're looking for are replacement backup seats? (Except for the baby.)

Our recommendations for backup seats might be different than for regular seats. (For example, are you ok with a FF-only backup seat for your oldest child, even if he usually rides RF?)

NannyMom

Since Ethan is only 30 pounds, but he's 4 years old, he could go FF or RF. I was actually surprised (and happy) to see he's still RF. But at 4 years, I'd be comfortable with FF. :)

Were the Radians in the van during the crash?

Did you like the radians? I'd go with Radians (if you liked them) or True Fits for the rear facing seats.

If you want to turn Ethan FF, I'd suggest the Graco Nautilus. It has a harness to 65 pounds (and an 18ish torso height) and converts to a booster. But with him being small, he could probobly use a 40 pound seat too, like the Graco Cargo, and then follow up with a booster (sounds like he may be 6 before he gets to 40 pounds). But I'm deffinetly not against keeping him RF if that's what you want :)

vangelder03

Oh...Ethan was normally still rear facing? That's GREAT. Good job:thumbsup: In that case, I'd likely do true fits for the younger two and maybe a Radian for Ethan. That way you can still rf him, but it will look more like a big kid seat keeping him harnessed for a good while. Sounds like he would have lots of room to grow in a Radian. Unless you wanted to do THREE true fits?
where can i get a good deal on those seats.
he loves being rf we tried him ff after his 4th bday and he complained about his legs hurting.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Since he complained about his legs in the rn, I would really look at a different seat for him that he might like better ff later.

The truefit seems to be deeper. I would give it a try. Sooner or later he will have to ff.

vangelder03

Since he complained about his legs in the rn, I would really look at a different seat for him that he might like better ff later.

The truefit seems to be deeper. I would give it a try. Sooner or later he will have to ff.
he only complained when we had it ff about his legs hurting and the radian only rf t 33 lbs

yes i agree that he will have to be ff soon i just need to figure out how to convince him that ff is okay he just hates sitting straight up in the car he likes to be able to recline so he can sleep we have been trying to motivate him
but the only thing the boy loves is the color blue he has blue cups blue spoons blue bedding blue walls in his room blue clothes everyday i want the dark blue he keeps telling us now if somebody made a blue car seat my life would be so much easier

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I only looked at albeebaby.com, I found you a few blue options. Britax ma and bv, evenflo triumph advance, and truefit.

NannyMom

I only looked at albeebaby.com, I found you a few blue options. Britax ma and bv, evenflo triumph advance, and truefit.

And all of those are great seats that would keep him RF to 35 pounds (if you want) and should last a long while FF as well. They all have pretty high top slots.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm still confused whether we're recommending primary seats or backup seats, and what the OP is looking for in each scenario.

Also, is insurance willing to replace the seats with ANYTHING, or something comparable? (In other words, will they replace the Turbo with a Frontier?) Chances are they're relatively clueless when it comes to car seats, but you never know.

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

my husband took the kids out and was in an accident .
all seats need to be replaced.
Ethan was riding in a booster seat i am so mad at my husband.
earlier that day we were cleaning the cover of there regular seats.
he didn't want to make lunch so he put Ethan in the booster my mom gave him for his 4th bday brand new seat used once gone ethan weighs 30lbs with clothes so bad idea on his part courtney was ff in the maxi cosi and holland rf
in his safe seat should we replace with same seats or should we get something different

graco turbo booster with the extra foam
maxi cosi priori
graco safeseat

the kids are fine it was a minor accident but we contacted graco and dorel
and they said to replace.

I would get the older two Nautilus seats and replace the ss1 with either another one or a rearfacing convertible, depending on how big baby is.

vangelder03

I'm still confused whether we're recommending primary seats or backup seats, and what the OP is looking for in each scenario.

Also, is insurance willing to replace the seats with ANYTHING, or something comparable? (In other words, will they replace the Turbo with a Frontier?) Chances are they're relatively clueless when it comes to car seats, but you never know.

they don't even care what seats we had or which ones we are getting all they want is a receipt showing we purchased 3 new car seats.
and we need to dispose of our old car seats ourselves.

vangelder03

I would get the older two Nautilus seats and replace the ss1 with either another one or a rearfacing convertible, depending on how big baby is.

ethan 30lbs 15 inch torso 4yrs 4months
courtney 23lbs 14inch torso 2yrs 7months
holland 22lbs 11 1/2 inch torso 6 months

we are going to put all three kids in the radians in dh car
so we need seats for the van 06 toyota sienna
and i have no idea what seats would be best
but i want them to last

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC