Travel system questions for a friend

Holly

On another board, a friend of mine is asking about a travel system, to see if others like/dislike it.
It's this evenflo set.
I'm not really that familiar with the evenflo infant seats, but it looks like it's a rear adjust from the picture, is it?
Also, I think I've heard something like evenflo infant seats need to have 1 1/2 inches of room in between the handle that has to be down, and the front seat, is that right? If so, is that on all the infant seats or just some?

ADS

mominabigtruck

It's a discovery and they only come in rear adjust models. Yuck and double yuck on the stroller too, it folds huge and the reclining mechanism is crappy.

mominabigtruck

On baby universe they had a pretty evenflo one with a front adjust embrace and an aura stroller that came in a pretty toile for $99.

mominabigtruck

All evenflo seats have that rule but at least the embrace is a nicer seat that comes in front adjust models unlike the discovery.

Mama Jo

Also, I think I've heard something like evenflo infant seats need to have 1 1/2 inches of room in between the handle that has to be down, and the front seat, is that right? If so, is that on all the infant seats or just some?

Graco infant seats (SnugRide and SafeSeat) as well as Chicco infant seats can be used safely in the vehicle with the handle in the upright position. This helps in a smaller backseat!

flutie128

I drive a mazda protege with a snugride behind the driver. I would never have been able to drive the car if I had to have the handle down with an 1.5 of clearance. I am 5'9" and DH is 6'. If I put it on the passenger side we would not have been able to ride comfortably with those requirements.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC