Best Deals on Pediasure !

Leen

Any ideas?
Places cheaper to buy?
coupons?
Maybe a store with their own version of pedisure or something like it?

Thanks for all your help.

ADS

kbud

I've shopped around a bunch and the Wal Mart brand is the cheapest. It even goes on sale occasionally. The Sun. paper just had a $2 off Pedia Sure coupon but even w/that Wal Mart is usually cheaper. Target and Winn Dixie also have there own brands that are much cheaper than the brand name. I've even cleared out the shelves at Winn Dixie. It sometimes goes on sale for $6ish. Not sure if you have a Winn Dixie though. Good luck!

Kim

sopapia

your pediatrician usually has coupons for pediasure. you can also get carnation instant breakfast... same extra calories but lower cost.

kbud

your pediatrician usually has coupons for pediasure. you can also get carnation instant breakfast... same extra calories but lower cost.

I had heard that but then was told by the that Pediasure has more calories and is formulated nutrition wise for little ones. I never really checked since my dd was on it for failure to thrive I didn't want to go against her pedi GI. She was just a year old also. I wonder if you mix it w/whole milk if it would be the same. MY dd doesn't need to be on it anymore. She gained nearly a pound a week on the pediasure (she was born at 10 pounds but didn't gain any weight from 5-10 months). I can't get her to drink whole milk though. She loves the Pediasure! I mix it half and half now w/the milk so at least it's not costing quite as much that way!

Evolily

I posted it somewhere else- but to get a higher calorie carnation drink you can mix up to 1/3rd half and half to 2/3rd whole milk (or 1/6th cup cream to 5/6th cup whole milk). So 1 cup milk/cream mixture to 1 package carnation gets over 300 calories (sorry- I have the exact calories/nutrients written in a notebook from when Chris needed to gain weight, but I don't have it near me). Whole milk and carnation is also pretty high in calories- comparable to pediasure.

However, I wouldn't use it for a child under 2, and I wouldn't use it for a child who needs the nutrition as the base of their nutrition. If they need an extra 500 or 800 calories for weight gain then, yes, carnation can be part of that. Chris was on pediasure until he was eating more, and then went on carnation as a supplement.

sopapia

let me rephrase... i meant for the pediasure and carnation to be supplements, not to replace. for babies... what i did was to add formula powder to either breastmilk or to whole milk (when >1yo) to make it more calories/oz. for babies younger than 1yo, there are other tricks to add calories. pediasure and carnation is not meant for babies <1yo. whole milk is 18.75 cal/oz. formula is 20 cal/oz. half and half is 40 cal/oz. pediasure is 30cal/oz. carnation ready to drink is 22cal/oz. carnation powder is 14.4cal/oz reconstituted with water but you can use whole milk or whatever you'd like to add extra calories (formula, breastmilk, etc). if you use whole milk and reconstitute it in 8oz (instead of 9oz of water), it's about 20.5 cal/oz. the vitamins are minerals are pretty much very similar between pediasure and carnation. (if there's a nutritionist, please double check my calculations).

kbud

Thanks for the info! I had always wondered about using Carnation because I've heard it a lot. My dd doesn't need the extra calories any more. I just can't get her to give up the Pediasure. She loves it. Funny too because it took over a week to get her to drink it!

kbud

you can try weaning her off by doing the gradual dilution method... mix it with whole milk 1/4, then 1/2, 3/4, etc...

That's what I'm doing. Funny thing though I just tried milk only today. She keeps bringing it back to me and walking away. We are at 1/2 and 1/2 right now, except the one she's refusing this afternoon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC