How much did your kiddo weigh when outgrowing MA/BLVD by height?

How much did your child weigh when he/she outgrew their Britax convertible by height?

• Marathon - Less than 40 lbs

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Marathon - More than 40lbs, Less than 50lbs

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Marathon - More than 50lbs or outgrew by weight

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Boulevard - Less than 40lbs

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Boulevard - More than 40lbs, Less than 50lbs

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Boulevard - More than 50lbs or outgrew by weight

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Clicky box for the win ;-)

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm curious about something, so I hope you all will play along with me.

There are separate options for the MA and the BLVD since the BLVD is shorter in the harness than the MA. If you have a DC, just vote for the MA. :thumbsup:

So the question is, if your child outgrow one of the bigger Britax convertibles by height, how much did he/she weigh when that happened?

ADS

snowbird25ca

I made the poll multiple choice, so if you had more than 1 kid and they outgrew at different weight ranges, feel free to vote more than once. If you know what weights your kiddo outgrew both the MA and the BLVD, feel free to vote twice. :thumbsup:

emandbri

When I first got the marathon Jacob had just turned 6 and was right at 50 lbs, 48 inches tall and he was slightly too tall for it.

Daniel fit until around 6 1/2 and would have been around 46 lbs when he was too tall for it don't know height.

Benjamin just got too tall for the MA and is 5 1/2, 46 inches tall, and 46 lbs.

My kids are tall lightweights. DS1 outgrew the MA around age 5, weighed maybe 38 lbs. He's even with the top slots on the RN now, and he only weighs 42 lbs fully clothed. DS2 is almost 4 and on the top slots of the MA with a bit of room to grow. He weighs 33 lbs. I expect that he'll outgrow the MA by height within the year, and I'm sure he'll be well under 40 lbs.

snowbird25ca

I'll add that I'm the lone clicky box. ;) I no longer have a MA, but dd still fits it at around 36lbs with maybe 1.25" left to grow I'd guess. She'd likely outgrow before 40lbs as well, but since it's speculating, I didn't vote. :p

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We don't have one but I've tried my daughter in them and she doesn't fit. She is not quite 5 and weighs about 37 lbs.

skaterbabs

Joy weighs 47.5 lbs. She outgrew the MA in SIL's car about 6 mos ago at 45-ish lbs. She's within 1/2" of outgrowing it now, and has been in the top slots since her 3rd brithday.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
DS1 outgrew his MA half way through 1st grade - right about 6.5 years old. He was 48 lbs and 48" tall. The only reason he fit that long is because he was a skinny, no-butt kid. Even though he had a Husky too, he preferred the sleep support of the MA so we used it for as long as possible.

tiggercat

Greg rode in Megan's MA before she was born to try it out, and he was just at the limits. He was about 46/47lbs (for my 48lb MA) and his shoulders were definitely at/pushing over the top slots. ETA, he was 4.5 yrs old.

Last edited:

Jennifer mom to my 7

More than 40, less than 50. Actually, she was 42 inches, 42 pounds, 16.5 inch torso, and only 3.5. My now 3.25 year old has been on the top slots of her decathlon since I turned her ff at 25 months, and is now 40 pounds, 40.75 inches, and a 16.5 inch torso. The dc does give just a bit more room than the ma. It is almost time to play musical seats here, and move the 3 year old into either the nautilus or the regent, and the almost 6 year old into the parkway.

LuvBug

DS officially outgrew the MA in our car the spring after he turned 3(so almost 4). I remember trying him in it in my sister's car and he was just at or slightly above the top slots that Easter Sunday when we wanted to take 1 car. He was definitely under 40lbs at that time, but more than 35. I'd have to look through some old posts to figure out for sure.
He is 5.5yo and just above the 2nd from top slots of the husky at ~48lbs

Melizerd

I didn't vote since we're no where near that yet but geez. I'm glad I have a Regent for my Amazon kid who's all torso now. He's already 36 1/4 inches tall at TWO.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
DS will be 3 on March 6 and is very close to outgrowing the bv. I will be passing it down to dd and getting a frontier, I think. DS wears a 4T shirt and 2-3T pant. He is over 40" tall.

We almost bought 2 when we bought his but money was tight, so dd has been rf in a scerena. Glad we didn't. Dh wouldn't have been happy, b/c the bv is only a year old. We were replacing our 6 year old ra.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Marathon, 42# and 42", just after a torso growth spurt (she's still a bit long in the torso, but she did grow legs this year).

emandbri

Wow, there has been one kid over 50 lbs. It is nice that we all know that it is outgrown by height, I hope there aren't a lot of other parents using it when they kids are too tall.

scatterbunny

When I tried my dd in a Marathon at 4y9mo, about 46" and 46#, she was just a hair over the top slots. I figure she would have made it to 4.5yo, 45" and 45#.

BabyKaykes

my godson outgrew the FPSVD and MA at 3.5yo, 46" tall (ALL legs), and 27lb.

but don't mind him, we're starting to think he's not human...this growth curve of his is freakish.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC