EFT vs EFTA

Pixels

Do all of the EFTs have traditional harness slots, and the EFTAs the infinite adjust harness? All EFTs have a 30 pound RFing limit, right? And the EFTAs have 35 pound RFing limit. I know the EFTA has a 50 pound FFing limit, what about the EFT?

MIL has an EFT/EFTA in her car for DNe. It has traditional harness slots and that memory harness. FIL and SIL have EFT/EFTAs with the slide adjust harness, and no memory harness. MIL thinks that the seat that she has is identical to the other two, just the harness slots and memory harness is different. I'm concerned that the weight limits are different, too, and they may not realize it. Unfortunately, I'm 1200 miles away so I can't just pop in and check.

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
You are correct.

Old EFTs have slots, double harness, 30/40lb limits.

EFTAs have sliding harness, 35/50 lb limits, and a MUCH taller shell.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The EFT harness actually does slide up from the front, but only to 3 positions that kind of look like regular slots from a distance.... just to help you craft your argument effectively :cool:

fyrfightermomma

They aren't exactly slots. It's kinda like the True Fit concept. Except you adjusted from the front. They just slid up and down into designated "slots" but you didn't have to rethread.

I didn't mind my old EFT. My kid was tiny so I had no complaints :)

Pixels

Yeah, I had to adjust the harness for them when I was there. I had to move it up for my tiny then-6 month old, from where they had it for an average-sized 14 month old!!? They had never bothered to adjust it from the day he came home from the hospital. And yes, the second "slot" was the right place for him, too. DD was right at the slot or slightly over, he was well over.

It was a PITB to figure out. And then it was a PITB to get the cover off to get access. Then it was a bigger PITB to get the cover back on. I think I'll stick with my Radian, I can change the harness height all day long and never have to touch the cover. Or better yet, the BabyTrend adjustable back, just turn a knob. That thing is wonderful.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I had to adjust the harness for them when I was there. I had to move it up for my tiny then-6 month old, from where they had it for an average-sized 14 month old!!? They had never bothered to adjust it from the day he came home from the hospital. And yes, the second "slot" was the right place for him, too. DD was right at the slot or slightly over, he was well over.

It was a PITB to figure out. And then it was a PITB to get the cover off to get access. Then it was a bigger PITB to get the cover back on. I think I'll stick with my Radian, I can change the harness height all day long and never have to touch the cover. Or better yet, the BabyTrend adjustable back, just turn a knob. That thing is wonderful.

You took the cover off to change the EFT slots? Yikes, that DOES sound like a PITB. You just had to pull down the front flap and move them up ;)

Pixels

I was doing it without a manual. And without really knowing what I was doing. FIL had to tell me that it adjusted from the front, not the back like most seats. In the end, it might have been easier to pull off the cover just so I could see what was going on.

It was a while ago, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. But I remember having to take off a big access panel first, then I could get to the part where the harness actually adjusted. Or am I remembering wrong?

NVMBR02

These is a plastic piece (i think... I haven't used it in a long time now) but it just popped right off. I liked my EFT well enough. I liked being able to change the harness height with out uninstalling. just flipped the panel in the cover open, moved the foam and popped off the plastic then put it back together. It was much easier than the other seats I had used at the time.

Pixels

I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. I think usually we will not be bringing our own seat (until she turns 2) and justbe using theirs, since they have 3 seats in the 3 vehicles and we can't all fit in one vehicle anyway. So I'll probably have to adjust it again at some point.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC