Tell me about the SafeGuard Go

itzmeigh

Not for me. Someone asked.

But I thought there was something *odd* about it and now I can't remember what.

It harness to 60 pounds right? But isn't there something about the tether or something...

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Let's see:

-requires tether for use as a harness or high back booster
-without tether can only be used as low-back booster
-Is basically a vest on top of a LBB, from what I understand; outgrown like a LBB (when there is no vehicle support behind it)
-Loses height installed in some vehicles-- like, a lot of it
-more difficult to install with lap/shoulder belt but easy with LATCH
-for those reasons, usually considered better for travel, as a niche seat for kids too young for a LBB but old enough to be able to ride in a belt on a plane, going places where they know top tether anchors will be available, though can be useful for three-across solutions or occasionally bringing a friend along, carpooling, etc.

firemomof3

Here is a picture of my dd1 when she was 4y/o, I hated it and sold it later that week:
carseat001.jpg

I don't know why the picture is so small :confused:

itzmeigh

Thanks. I passed that along. I was right about the odd tether situation. That was kinda what I ws thinking but I just don't have any experiance with it. I've never even seen one.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My 'too big' kid tried it out for me..she outgrew it about six months ago.. http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/SafeguardGo#

I'd have to say the newer model is MUCH improved over the old one...better padded, more crotch positions, taller top harness (same kid outgrew the old one about two years ago in the same car). (new one starts at 22 pounds, has three crotch strap positions, has a V-shaped tether, just so you can tell the differences).

I didn't expect to use ours daily, but Leah LOVES hers, so we are using it in DH's car. It installs rock solid in seconds with LATCH, and can be used to the full sixty pounds (because the seat weighs nearly nothing, usual LATCH limits are based on a child seat weighing twenty plus pounds...). Harness tightens at the lap straps and isn't very easy, but isn't the hardest thing in the world, either...

Yup, headrest (or tall seatback...Leah doesn't need the headrest yet) and top tether totally required.

:)

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yep, the go is only a harness and then a backless booster; it doesn't become a HBB. (That's why SafeGuard calls it a hybrid seat rather than a combination seat.)

itzmeigh

Naw... It's good. She went with the Apex. She needed 2 back up seats for her boys and just just kinda toosed out there "what about the Go" and I mentioned there was something odd about it but I couldn't remember what.

I copied her the bit from ketchupqueen and that was enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC