I'm getting excited to go seat shopping!

The Bjorns

How goofy am I that I am getting all excited to take DD1 to try out seats today? We're specifically testing the Frontier and the Nautilus side-by-side to see which fits her better. It would be super cool if they had the Safeguard there as well, but I'm sure they don't (BRU). All the boutique baby stores around here are out of the Frontier and they don't carry the GN and I really want side-by-side. I just happen to even have my camera in my purse so I'm hoping I can snap some photos.

BTW, the doofus BRU guy I spoke to insisted they NEVER put their Britax seats on sale. He was trying to warn me that it could take several weeks or months to get a Frontier because of the recall. I told him it was no big deal I just wanted to ensure they had a floor model to try out (was told I would NOT be allowed to test it in my car :confused:) and that if we like it best than I would order it when they went on sale in February. Anyone ever hear that BRU never discounts Britax? I think he was smoking his socks. :rolleyes:

ADS

jodibug

No BRU in my area so I don't know the answer to you Q...

just wanted to say that I get really excited to look at seats also.

Have fun!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Which BRU are you going to? I haven't heard of any BRUs around here not letting you take seats to your car. Ask again when you get there. Most likely, they'll have someone go out with you (which is often an experience in itself...)

Have fun!

Oh, and I *think*--not positive, but I think--that Bergstrom's (Irvine and Anaheim) has the SafeGuard. You might want to give them a call if you haven't already. (Make sure you specify SafeGuard Child Seat rather than the Go.)

The Bjorns

Well, I know they were letting people try out seats in their car because last night I met a very nice couple who had tried out the new Symphony in their car and thought the LATCH connectors were too narrow for the wide seat base. After DD sat in the seats in the store, I tried to track down a human being to let me try out the seats in my car, After someone told me they found someone to help me and they'd be right out, we gave up. Waited about 15 minutes and finally said enough was enoug and left. I did chat with this couple for a long time about RFing and seats. They were terrified they couldn't get a LATCH install because it was the safest and I reassured them that it's not any safer than a seat belt install and that LATCH actually has weight limits and at some point they'd probably have to switch from a LATCH install to a belt install. LATCH was just created to make it easier to get a proper install since the safest install is a proper install. They hated the BRU sales lady (their DS was scared of her and cried!) so they were happy they found a car seat "nerd". I initially just told them about the Britax sale since they were looking at a Britax but then we started talking. She was a fan of ERF so I was thrilled!

I will post a few pictures of how DD fit in the GN and the FN and let you guys see the difference.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC