Wow, the TF actually fits...nicely!

emntheboys

A RF True Fit in a '99 Explorer that is. I had been going back & forth between the EFTA & TF for the past few weeks. DS is 14 mo, 26lbs & maybe 29 inches??. I really needed something with more leg room so I was leaning toward the TF. But I was concerned about how much space it would take up front to back because BIL frequently rides with DH in this vehicle & he is really tall so he needs to have the front seat back pretty far.
When I saw that Target had the TF on sale, I figured what the heck, I can always take it back so I ordered one (ordered on Friday, had it on Monday :), but 5/18/08 DOM:().
I just installed it on my lunch hour & it actually fit really great!! It takes up about the same amount of space as the Scenera we had in there (which really shocked me). I didn't have to use a noodle, but I think I might add one to give it a little more recline. The harness adjuster is buried, but it is do-able. The lock-offs will take a little getting used to, but in the end should be easier than the locking clip we had been using (when we locked at the shoulder, it caused the Scenera to tilt). I don't really have any questions (at this point, haha) but I just wanted others to know that this gigantic seat really can fit in small spaces!

ADS

Congrats! I'm considering a TF for my 2nd baby, but I'm also worried it won't fit. I hate returning stuff.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
LOL, I have a friend with a Neon and it installs rf'ing in the center of their car and they're both tall. I think it's because it doesn't really have a base so it fits in spaces similarly to the way the MA does. Some have actually said it takes up less room than the MA. :thumbsup:

Enjoy your new seat. :)

MOM25BOYS

:2thumbsup: Thrilled you are loving the TF!! Don't be discouraged by the DOM. It is very unlikely that you will find any newer than that with the new version about to debut and plus you got it in sale.;) With a 7yr expiration you are still good to go for 6yrs. I hope your little one loves it!!:D

emntheboys

Now I'll just have to see what DH says about it. He was kind of against me ordering ANOTHER car seat, but when it came I think he secretly liked it. He picks the boys up from daycare at around 3:30, so I guess I'll find out when I get home! I just hope DS doesn't rip the tags off of it. (I left them on just in case it didn't work out & I had to return it).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC