Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

It's a long shot but ISO kids' skis

The shorter the better. 100 cm max. I need three pairs total for kids aged 4, 5, and 6. The 4 and 5 year old are the same size so ideally their skis would be the same length but not necessarily.

I've been searching e-bay and found boots that will work but the ski selection is sparse. Used is ideal- just looking for a cheap deal that will last a couple years so we don't have to rent every time.
    Mama to Madison 1/12 Johnathon 11/14

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: It's a long shot but ISO kids' skis

I'm guessing you are looking for downhill skis based on your avatar, correct?

I know I've got my XC skis from when I was a kid at my mom's house, but I don't know what size they are.
    ~Mel, Ex-CPST, Triathlete & Mom of 5ReiKids + 1E!!!

Are you looking for skis that will be used this year or next year? Your best bet for finding schools is to go to the places that rent out skis and ask if you can buy their rentals at the end of the season.

We have a local ski swap and you buy skis the first year and then every year after that you just swap for the next size up and it's a small fee--like $10.
    DD1--4/6/2006--Britax Parkway SGL
    DD2--12/9/2012--Britax Advocate and Marathon

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by strollerfreak View Post
    I'm guessing you are looking for downhill skis based on your avatar, correct?

I know I've got my XC skis from when I was a kid at my mom's house, but I don't know what size they are.
    Yep, downhill skis. Sorry, I forgot there was any other kind.

Quote Originally Posted by BW1426 View Post
    Are you looking for skis that will be used this year or next year? Your best bet for finding schools is to go to the places that rent out skis and ask if you can buy their rentals at the end of the season.

We have a local ski swap and you buy skis the first year and then every year after that you just swap for the next size up and it's a small fee--like $10.
    I'm looking for skis for this year. I unexpectedly convinced a family I babysit for to go with me. If I can get equipment, even at a higher rate than a ski swap, we will save lots of money on rentals. We have a local ski swap here as well but it's not until October. They sell used equipment there. It's like a yard sale just for skis. If I can't find anything, we'll just rent this year and buy in October.

Did you already buy the boots? DH just brought home a truckload of boots, mostly kids so let me know if you need any.
    Cathy
    B-- 6.5y harnessed cowmoo FR85;
    Sl--5y RF RXT;
    H-- 2.5 RF RNXT;M--7mos CCOA--1 mos KF30 and R 1.5 RXT

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeo2ski View Post
    Did you already buy the boots? DH just brought home a truckload of boots, mostly kids so let me know if you need any.
    Thanks, but I did buy the boots already. I also found them at the local Play it Again Sports which is apparently going out of business for about a third of what I paid ($10 vs. $30) . Too bad I didn't remember we had this store nearby until after I had bought the boots and they didn't have any skis left.

Thanks again for the offer!