Question Car seat fabric question...

U

Unregistered

Hi, I'm going to be purchasing a convertible carseat for my daughter soon. She is 6 months old but will be too tall for her safeseat soon. I really like the safety 1st uptown. Just have a few questions. We live in the south and it gets SO hot during summer, I'm worried the material it's made of seems it'll get very hot and with her being RFing as long as possible, I know the AC won't get to her as quickly. So do you think it's not any different from the other car seat fabrics? Any recommendations? I also like the Evenflo Tribute in Abby but just think the Uptown is comfier. Also, I've read you can't use it RFing after the 2nd slot so I'd be really disappointed if she outgrows it RFing by height before weight :(

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Just want to make sure you know that you can use the Safeseat till the weight limit or till her head is 1 inch from the top of the seatback. For most kids that is at least a year to 18 months old (and the straps in the back let out so that they are much longer in the hip and shoulder so that big kids actually do fit in it :))
Here's my DD at 19 months just barely outgrowing it http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5101172519647707202
Though if your dd has a super long torso, it's entirely possible she's getting too tall sooner rather than later!

Anyway, skip the Tribute, it's really a pretty junky seat, unfortunately. And the Uptown is fine, it's just like a Britax...plush, but plenty cool in a cool car, but I think they are only at BigLots now and are discontinued? They are called the Avenue now at Kmart and Sears, is also a great choice in that price range.

:)

U

Unregistered

Just want to make sure you know that you can use the Safeseat till the weight limit or till her head is 1 inch from the top of the seatback. For most kids that is at least a year to 18 months old (and the straps in the back let out so that they are much longer in the hip and shoulder so that big kids actually do fit in it :))
Here's my DD at 19 months just barely outgrowing it http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5101172519647707202
Though if your dd has a super long torso, it's entirely possible she's getting too tall sooner rather than later!

Anyway, skip the Tribute, it's really a pretty junky seat, unfortunately. And the Uptown is fine, it's just like a Britax...plush, but plenty cool in a cool car, but I think they are only at BigLots now and are discontinued? They are called the Avenue now at Kmart and Sears, is also a great choice in that price range.

:)

Thanks. Yeah, I knew the safeseat went up to 30 lbs but she is already getting close to the top..I'm sure she has a few months left but my MIL is buying her a car seat as a gift so I'm looking for one now. My friend's baby outgrew her infant seat at 7 months :0 I went to Kmart today and saw the Safety 1st Avenue in Abbey and I love it..seems pretty comfy and I like that it has EPP foam and RFing till 35 lbs. Not to mention it's cute lol. I'm pretty sure this is the one we'll be getting.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC