Anyone have a graco safe seat step 2?

firemomof3

Is anyone able to measure the seat depth for this seat? Any clues? And, I've heard the the top harness slots are near 17" can anyone verify? Any comments in general?
Thanks! :love:

ADS

MustangMama

I have NEVER EVER seen anybody buy this seat. Graco went WAYYYY wrong when they made this seat...LOL

Doesn't it only go FF from 20-40lbs? :shrug-shoulders:

mominabigtruck

I had one, :love: it. Top slots were about 16.5in when I measured but that's without pushing down and it's got a ton of padding. It was a really deep seat too, Dallas fit in it and he was waaay over the weight limit. I have some pictures around somewhere of Peyton in it last summer, I think he'd still fit in it now and he's getting pretty snug in his efta.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yup, nice and tall and deep (I really should stick a measuring tape in my pocket when I'm at work...)

I feel SO bad for people who come into BRU and own this seat... invariably they bought it for their first tiny kid who fit in the infant seat for a year, and now the second baby is much larger, growing out of the infant seat at 6 months or whatever, and they can't just hand this seat down to the baby, they have to buy a convertible, rather than just getting a Nautilus or booster and handing the SS2 (since the baby has to RF and the seat doesn't) down to the baby.

Oh, and they still make it, it's called the Cozycline.

firemomof3

I have NEVER EVER seen anybody buy this seat. Graco went WAYYYY wrong when they made this seat...LOL

Doesn't it only go FF from 20-40lbs? :shrug-shoulders:

Ya, it only goes to 40lbs. :thumbsdown: BUT it has tall harness slots & its the only seat besides the signo which has a decent recline for sleeping...so its not that bad (especially now at $99!!)
I'm actually considering one :duck:

mominabigtruck

ss2002.jpg

All of the padding is in the seat, which he normally wouldn't use. Easiest seat I ever had to install, that's why I bought it, for my mom, the carseat idiot:rolleyes: Yes, it's easier then any britax because the seatbelt doesn't get caught up in the lock offs and you can recline the seat and practically stick your whole head back there to thread the seatbelt.

Maedze

This is a phantom seat. LOL.

I tried Bean the First in One when he had outgrown most 40 lb seats and only had a teetch of room in a Marathon. He fit nicely in it, but when I measured I only got 15 and change:confused:

Something about the way the seat sets, it fits even taller torsoed kids well. That weight limit is a big bummer. If they had made it a 50 lb seat, (which I recall they were unable to do), it would have been a nice ff option.

firemomof3

ss2002.jpg

All of the padding is in the seat, which he normally wouldn't use. Easiest seat I ever had to install, that's why I bought it, for my mom, the carseat idiot:rolleyes: Yes, it's easier then any britax because the seatbelt doesn't get caught up in the lock offs and you can recline the seat and practically stick your whole head back there to thread the seatbelt.

Thank you for the picture! Thats great to hear that its so easy to install :D You don't by chance still have this seat...do you?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ya, it only goes to 40lbs. :thumbsdown: BUT it has tall harness slots & its the only seat besides the signo which has a decent recline for sleeping...so its not that bad (especially now at $99!!)
I'm actually considering one :duck:

Heck, I would... for dd1... she outgrew the Marathon at 6 and 40 pounds, this would have lasted just about as long and is commmmmfy...

:)

mominabigtruck

Thank you for the picture! Thats great to hear that its so easy to install :D You don't by chance still have this seat...do you?

Nope, I sold it on ebay since I didn't want it sitting in my attic:( I wish I still had it since we moved my mom is watching the kids alot more and I don't have an extra seat for her.

firemomof3

My dd2 is 3 in a few weeks but only about 27lbs. and very fragile ;) She is till rf in her avenue and will be for a while but I was thinking of the SS2 when she does go ff. I have a signo here in the living room but....I might sell it

MOM25BOYS

I had one many moons ago that was the silver star one, can't remember the actual name.:eek: It was a nice, deep seat, but it was a beast of a seat. Like the other said it installed super easy, but it took up so much room and it was HEAVY! I loved all the padding and the fact it was a FF reclining seat, but yeah it would have been great to have a higher weight limit and to be a RF and FF seat too.:)

firemomof3

It fine for me if its big & heavy (heck, I'm used to the signos! ;)) because it will be installed in a captains seat of a minivan...so thats fine. I might have to go and "play" with this seat, I just have to find one somewhere!

MOM25BOYS

Hmm, I think the only place I found one in a B&M store was BRU and that was a while back. I had to order mine offline at Walmart. Not sure if anyone still carries them in a store or not. You could always buy from someone who had a good return shipping policy.;)

ETA: I LOVE that pink and brown print!!:love:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yep, BRU still carries them. Only the G-Galore and now the Deco Cozycline (cute polka dots on light brown).

zactayaus

I know target used to carry them. I'm not sure if they still sell them on target.com but if they do you'd be able to take it back at any target store if you didn't like it or it didn't fit.

firemomof3

I know target used to carry them. I'm not sure if they still sell them on target.com but if they do you'd be able to take it back at any target store if you didn't like it or it didn't fit.

Thanks! Yah, they still do sell the seat but all they have is the yucky black. Hey, I was looking through the pictures and it boggles my mind that when reclined it could be safe:
safeseatrecline.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC