I have a car seat diva on my hands...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
This is the same child for whom I had to shell out for a Radian 80 over the 65, in order to get the Princess cover.

I bought a SafeGuard for my eldest (which I ADORE, btw) for a spare for now and to go in our new car when we get it. Well, they're in the living room fighting over who gets to be buckled in the seat and pretend to ride, and who has to be the driver (lol!) So the two year old child is screaming at her sister, "MY car seat!" I had to explain that it is, actually, her sister's car seat. But, my husband owes me a new car seat for going on a business trip and leaving me with the kids (he got a huge bonus for it and said if we survived the weekend my "light at the end of the tunnel" was I could have a professional massage and get a new car seat if I wanted one-- for me, not the one I'm buying for my cousin's kid.)

So I tell her that she can have her own. We will get another one. Does she want a grey one? "No." Does she want a black one like her sister's? "No." What do you want, then, if you don't want grey or black?

"I want a RED one!"

The one that costs $100 more. Ay, what a car seat diva. I wasn't aware she even knew the SafeGuard CAME in red! (I think she looked at the little booklet that came on the front, that had pictures of all the colors in it.)

Now I have to convince my husband that it's such a great car seat that it would totally be worth it to get it in the color the two year old wants...

ADS

Joyofbirth

I have a couple of those at my house too. My 2 year old wants a flower seat. Why doesn't graco make a flower Nautilus?!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC