Will I regret this purchase?

Caseylaine

I was in a car accident a while back (no one hurt!) and so our old Radian was written off, and we were able to buy a new one. There is only one store in my city that sells them and so I decided that we should buy two (getting a small discount) one for each of our cars. DS is outgrowing his Cosco Alpha Omega Elite (dont even get me started on this seat, I bought it before I knew any better).

SO we bought two Radian's in the Supercool option... because I've seen the other one (got my SIL to buy it) and I dont really like the way it looks like crushed velvet/velour. They had to be ordered in, and will be here in the next week.

But now I hear that the Supercool snags easy... AND then I found that they are selling the Graco Nautilus which I originally wanted to get to replace the AOE.

One other thing, we just recently found out that we're expecting another baby in Sept (fingers crossed)... so its not like I couldn't eventually move a baby to the Radians and buy Nautilus' later on, if they are still the choice seat for 5pt harness- booster.

SO, long winded here.

Do you think I'll regret the purchase of 2 Supercools? Should I have gotten the other one instead? I'd love the Princess print... but I have a boy.. ;)

Are extra covers available to buy in Canada yet?

ADS

featherhead

The Supercool comes with the infant padding, right? It might be nice to have that once you pass the Radians down to the baby. I don't know if you used your old Radian for rear-facing at all, but I love mine for rear-facing. So I guess I wouldn't regret getting Radians, and maybe if you don't like the covers you can post them in swap or something.

Caseylaine

I did use his Radian RF'ing for about a year and I really liked it. I really love everything about the Radian, and haven't had any trouble with it. I believe it does come with the padding since its the new seat.

I just got all panicky about the snagging cover, and paying quite a chunk for two seats when my original plan was to get one new Radian and one Nautilus..

We will end up using them and DS is small-ish so he'll be in the Radian for a long time yet. And if we do have this new baby then its all good... as long as the covers dont look like a cat mauled them after a month of use.

shauburg

DS's Radian is Supercool and about the only thing that you really have to watch out for with snagging is velcro.

When DS was under a year the velcro on the straps roughed up the infant body support pillow quite a bit. But now that DS is using it as a toddler head pillow he doesn't complain that it scratches his face or anything! Other than this issue (which admitedly I should have been more diligent in preventing) we really like the Supercool cover!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC