Not feelin' the True Fit love...

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
It's just not happening, so I returned the True Fit that I had bought from Target (on clearance). I really, really wanted to like this seat, but we were having some very serious relationship issues.

1. It was not easy to install. I can totally see how it would be a breeze if your belts line up through the belt path perfectly, but when they don't (like mine) it was super annoying trying to tighten the belt while simultaneously trying to keep them in the right spot so I can close the lock offs. Same issue with LATCH. My LATCH hooks angle the belt just enough to make it very hard to get the lock offs closed.

2. The continuous harness bugged the bonkers out of me! Maybe I could've gotten used to that part, but I certainly didn't fall in love with it.

3. Harness Adjuster...what's that? It was seriously so buried there is no way I would have been able to adjust. Just not an option for me because I loosen/tighten almost every time my kids get in and out of the car.

I did like a lot of things about it though because I don't want to completely deter anyone who was considering this seat.
Tons of EPS foam! Lined the whole seat, and I love that the seat itself is pretty deep.
Lots of room for RF legs.
Tall top harness slots. My 4.5 year old had about 2.5 inches before he would hit the top.
Removable headrest. Boy, that seat hardly takes up any room when you have that headrest off.

I think I'm going to get a Radian XT for my rear-facer and a Frontier for my FF'er. I'm so scared to buy these seats without being able to try them out or return them easily though.

ADS

melniemi

I think I'm going to get a Radian XT for my rear-facer and a Frontier for my FF'er. I'm so scared to buy these seats without being able to try them out or return them easily though.

I would order these seats from hipmonkey.com. They have return shipping insurance for $5 so if you don't like them, hipmonkey will pay to have them shipped back:thumbsup:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Don't you live close to me? I have a regular Radian and a Frontier, if you want to play.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Don't you live close to me? I have a regular Radian and a Frontier, if you want to play.

I do want to play! I'm not sure how close I am to you. How far are you from Cascade Locks? I'm 15 miles west of there on the WA side.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I went to The Dalles for a Kyle David Miller install. lol I live near Salem. I am sure we can work something out. I am available Sundays and Wednesdays.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Ok....too funny. I was just watching TV and all of a sudden it hit me. Judi isn't in THE Dalles....she's in DALLAS. Doh! This whole time I've been reading The Dalles and trying to figure out a good reason why I need to drive all the way out there. I feel like such an idiot!

I'm just east of Vancouver, BTW.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC