Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Not feelin' the True Fit love...

It's just not happening, so I returned the True Fit that I had bought from Target (on clearance). I really, really wanted to like this seat, but we were having some very serious relationship issues.

1. It was not easy to install. I can totally see how it would be a breeze if your belts line up through the belt path perfectly, but when they don't (like mine) it was super annoying trying to tighten the belt while simultaneously trying to keep them in the right spot so I can close the lock offs. Same issue with LATCH. My LATCH hooks angle the belt just enough to make it very hard to get the lock offs closed.

2. The continuous harness bugged the bonkers out of me! Maybe I could've gotten used to that part, but I certainly didn't fall in love with it.

3. Harness Adjuster...what's that? It was seriously so buried there is no way I would have been able to adjust. Just not an option for me because I loosen/tighten almost every time my kids get in and out of the car.

I did like a lot of things about it though because I don't want to completely deter anyone who was considering this seat.
    Tons of EPS foam! Lined the whole seat, and I love that the seat itself is pretty deep.
    Lots of room for RF legs.
    Tall top harness slots. My 4.5 year old had about 2.5 inches before he would hit the top.
    Removable headrest. Boy, that seat hardly takes up any room when you have that headrest off.

I think I'm going to get a Radian XT for my rear-facer and a Frontier for my FF'er. I'm so scared to buy these seats without being able to try them out or return them easily though.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

Re: Not feelin' the True Fit love...

Quote Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post

I think I'm going to get a Radian XT for my rear-facer and a Frontier for my FF'er. I'm so scared to buy these seats without being able to try them out or return them easily though.
    I would order these seats from hipmonkey.com. They have return shipping insurance for $5 so if you don't like them, hipmonkey will pay to have them shipped back

Quote Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
    Don't you live close to me? I have a regular Radian and a Frontier, if you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Don't you live close to me? I have a regular Radian and a Frontier, if you want to play.
    I do want to play! I'm not sure how close I am to you. How far are you from Cascade Locks? I'm 15 miles west of there on the WA side.

Not so close.. lol.

I went to The Dalles for a Kyle David Miller install. lol I live near Salem. I am sure we can work something out. I am available Sundays and Wednesdays.

Ok....too funny. I was just watching TV and all of a sudden it hit me. Judi isn't in THE Dalles....she's in DALLAS. Doh! This whole time I've been reading The Dalles and trying to figure out a good reason why I need to drive all the way out there. I feel like such an idiot!

I'm just east of Vancouver, BTW.

Ok, so this is totally doable. Just let me know!