Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Is this a bargain?

I found a Frontier at Target sold "as is" for $195. It has a pink cover which wouldn't be so appropriate for my son (but could swap I suppose). It had a UPS sticker on it which had a home delivery address. It must have been from someone who ordered on-line and returned it. I really don't NEED it. My son's in a Boulevard and has plenty of room. And I could kick myself because I didn't look at the manuf. date.

Should I just put this out of my mind or would you buy it if you were me?
    Donna - SAHM to Max Evan (03/04/06) - Oobr

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Is this a bargain?

If it is being sold "AS IS" simply because it was an in store return, I probably would. The Frontier has a 9 year expiration and $195 is a huge bargain.
    DD1--4/6/2006--Britax Parkway SGL
    DD2--12/9/2012--Britax Advocate and Marathon

Honestly - I wouldn't

You can find these seats on sale occasionally. I think I've seen them around $230 with free shipping. Britax's authorized sale is coming up too in February.

An extra $30.00 to me would be worth it to know I am getting a new seat. Plus - you'll pay tax at target - so it will be even less of a savings.

This is an embarrassing story - but my SIL returned a car seat to target that she had used for several days. I did not know about it until a while after the fact, but I just can't get comfortable buying anything that has been visibly returned after that. She is easy on car seats, but still - not fair to the eventual buyer.

Are you in the US - these are US prices.

All Target special order returns say "as is" but they can be returned anyway I think. I had to do it once and it was "no questions asked".

It's def a bargain, but since you don't need it yet, maybe wait a day or two to go back. If it didn't sell, hopefully it will be marked down furthur.

We have a Radian 80 at our Target that is the same situation. It is marked down to $190 and I have been debating about it for presicely the reason. It had all the parts, that I saw and it didn't look used. I am leaving it to fate. If it still there in a week then it was meant to be
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

Senior Community Member MustangMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atsuydam View Post
    We have a Radian 80 at our Target that is the same situation. It is marked down to $190 and I have been debating about it for presicely the reason. It had all the parts, that I saw and it didn't look used. I am leaving it to fate. If it still there in a week then it was meant to be
    YOUR TARGET SELLS RADIANS?!?!?! Wow wow wubzy am I jealous!

FYI, check out the Sales section. Bryan just posted the Feb. sale price for the Frontier. I'd totally wait until this weekend & get it BNIB. The difference in price isn't that much!

Quote Originally Posted by becky129622 View Post
    YOUR TARGET SELLS RADIANS?!?!?! Wow wow wubzy am I jealous!
    Target sells them on their website, it's probably an internet return.

I got my Radian 65 from Target for $120!
    Someone returned it without ever opening the box.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

I would only do it if the box wasn't opened.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Yep, it's a internet return. Still has the packing slip enclosed, car seat in plastic. I finally got a chance to feel the Radian's fabric though

I am hoping since it is not sold locally anywhere here (that I know of) and people will not realize what a deal it is and that it will still be there when the tax refund shows up *fingers crossed*
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/