To skaterbabs ? about a stroller

remken

I was lurking on the delphi car seat sight and I think it was you that mentioned a stroller that had a 20yr warranty and a very high weight capability.

If it was you could you please tell me wich one it is.

Thank you Allison.

ADS

skaterbabs

Sure, it's the Dreamer Manhattan Delux. It has a 100 lbs weight limit and a 20 yr frame warrenty. Here's a link
Features:
Welded aluminum frame
100 lbs. weight capacity
Padded height adjustable handle
Rear footbrake equipped
Single step trigger fold
Large footplate with easy-cleaning recessed area
Reclining seat
Breathable padded seating area with 5-point harness
Convenient pockets for parent and child
Under seat storage basket
2 water bottle holders
Safety wrist strap and key leash
Canopy side ventilation system
Removable, machine-wash fabric
All weather/rain cover included
Reflective fabric and binding
Push button wheel release
Front swivel wheel with lockout

Specifications:
Deluxe Manhattan Stroller dlx Specifications
Frame Construction: Welded aluminum
Maximum Weight Capacity: 100 lbs.
Available Colors: Envy Green or Uptown Red
Special Features: Single step trigger folding design, front swivel wheel with lockout, water bottle holders
Dimensions
Product Size: 44"L x 32"W x 38-45"H
Folded Size: 45"L x 32"W x 17"H
Wheel Size: 12" front, 16" rear
Folded Size with no Wheels: 38"L x 30"W x 13"H
Product Weight: 24.5 lbs.
Warranty
Warranty: 20 years frame, 1 year soft goods

remken

80pds will be plenty for me.

I figure with my son being 35-36pds that still leaves me with about 40pds left over that it can hold if I want to stick groceries in with him.

I got all excited because I found a place that sells them here in town and I really wanted to see the one you have in the above link. ( Not that I would ever get that one, but I wanted to drool over it in person) Only to find out once I got to the place that they don't actually have them but that you can order from them through a catalog.

skaterbabs

that sucks. Once the boys go back to school I want to hit the various bike shops in town and see if they have it in stock. I want the higher weight limit because we tend to use our strollers for a very long time.

vamom

Ok I had finally decided on a maclaren until I read this post. I like the the dreamer design that is linked, and the more I think about it, maybe I would be better off with something like this. My question for you - how would something like this handle in the mall (we don't go the mall often, just a few times a year). Mostly we go to the park (when I plan ahead I pack my safety one jogger), library, local stores, the fair, etc. How easy is it to pop those wheels on and off and fold the thing up and how much of my truck do you think it would take up? I have a silverado ext cab with kido in the husky in the center, capt chairs in the front. Sometimes I have someone up front, or an extra kid in an evenflo chase in the back. Curious - I hate having so many choices... Skaterbabs - where do you put your jogger with three kids in the car? Thanks

skaterbabs

Well, space isn't really a concern for me, since I drive a Suburban, and even my Jeep has plenty of cargo space, however while I *want* this troller, I don't yet have it, and have not even seen it in person.

remken

I ordered the one that I have a link to in this post. Hopefully I'll have it by Friday. I'll let you know how small it folds and other stuff once I have it.

I would've loved to get the one skaterbabs linked to. That green color is awesome. But for the price the lite version is going have to be good enough.

skaterbabs

I understand! DH & I went round on the DX vs Lite, and came to the conclusion that since I tend to "ghetto double" when I have DD's best friend with me, that the higher weight limit would be a very good thing.

remken

Remy will be the only one in the stroller since noone else I know has kids his size. Besides my neice. Who I don't see often.

The lites alot better at least than the cheapo umbrella strollers that only go to 40pds. he tried talking me into at least also.

skaterbabs

very true! For now I have to just continue using my Air 6, which, while a very nice stroller, is starting to get a bit wonky to steer now that she's 35 lbs (weight limit is 40 lbs.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC