About what age are kids out of booster? WWYD with 08/07 DOM?

puglover333

After much debate, I decided to order a Olli to take on vacation instead of DS's GN (didn't want to have to deal with it on the plane, and he will be in the middle seat with adults on both sides once there). I ordered from Amazon.com because it was in stock w/free shipping.

I got it today and the DOM is 8/07!
Last seat I ordered from them was only 4 months old.

That would put it to expire when DS is 10.5. I was really hoping this would last until we were done with boosters.

Are kids typically out of boosters by then? DS is average/slightly above average height.

Is it worth it to try to get another seat with a more current DOM? Has anyone ever had the problem with amazon? If so, what did you do?

PS. - I have no plans to move him into this until he outgrows his GN. Just wanted it now for convenience sake on vacation, and as an extra seat for when I have my 8yo nephew.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

most kids outgrow them around 8-12yrs of age... so average would be around age 10.

now, my oldest hit 4'9" and passed the 5 step test AT 8, but he's way off the charts for height and weight (especially height)

my second, on the other hand, is going to turn 8 in less than 6 months. unless he spurts a whole 7" in that time (which, given his past, I don't think he will), he's going to be in his booster until at LEAST10... maybe longer.

What date you got depends on how fast the seat sells and while I wouldn't want to pay for that date and pay full price (considering that the one I got on swap that has a manufacture of 9/07, and I only paid 70 shipped for mine) for any seat that was more than 1yr old, I do understand that some stores simply have to move older stock before they get more.

You could return it and buy one from a store where you can call them and find out the date before you order (albee baby).

Pixels

I would be absolutely upset with 8/07 DOM. Start by contacting Amazon, and see if they are willing to exchange the seat or refund part of your money.

emandbri

I'm PM this thread to Micheal and clek. I wanted to post so that Micheal doesn't end up with 20 PM about this thread. ;)

I wonder if Amazon had them in a warehouse or if they get shipped from clek? If they are shipped from clek they really need to do something about this.

clek

This won't come as a surprise to some that we've had some older seats ship out recently. If you have one of these, please PM me and I will make it right.
Thank you

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC