Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: EFTA how long?

Senior Community Member

EFTA how long?

how long do the EFTA usually last kids?? I'm talking about the new ones that are 35 rf and 50 ff.
    Tia!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: EFTA how long?

Hi Tonya! The top slots are about 17" (roughly the same as the Marathon), so it will last about the same amount of time... probably 5-6 years on average. The MA does have a higher FF weight limit, but most kids outgrow seats by height before weight though. I believe the EFTA has a slightly taller shell than the MA (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so it may last a bit longer RF than the MA.

Some little peanuts like my DD will last even longer most likely. At 2.5 years, her torso height is only 12.5"

I know you have (had) a Marathon, so hopefully the comparison helps.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

Senior Community Member

thanks!! That helps alot I didn't realize it's was so close to the ma ) btw your dd looks just like you!!
    Thanks again!

yep, it depends on torso height, of course, but about the same as a MA. MY 4 yo only has about an inch left, she has a big torso..she'll probably make 5 in it, but not much more..most kids will be closer to 6, little ones past 6.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

it would depend on torso, but Ruthie, when I tried her in it in the fall, had about 1.5" left... and she's changed slots in the nautilus since then, so I'm guessing she has .75" left... so it really depends on how she would grow... age 5.5yrs-7yrs

Seriously, when my kids decide to grow legs, they GROW LEGS... and Ruthie's started, albeit slower than Jeffrey, but most of her growth has been leg, so if that continues, I wanna guess age 6.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos