"Cheap" Jogging Stroller?

jinmz7

Ok stroller experts, I need your help. We have been going for long walks every day with a Chicco umbrella stroller and it's killing me! Don't get me wrong it is a really nice stroller and my daughter loves it but it isn't ideal for everyday walks.

I have a pretty tight budget for this purchase so I have checked my local thrift/consignment stores and the local craigslist for the past two weeks and there has been nothing except a very beat up unnamed brand with traces of mold on the basket and seat (yeah gross!) for $45. So, I am wondering if any of the "cheap" jogging strollers are worth it?

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

ADS

MoreLatte

For just everyday walking about the neighborhood, I would go for a low-end jogging-type with a swivel front wheel. Of course if you are going to be jogging, then you would want a fixed front wheel.

You can usually find the InStep or Baby Trend brands at Walmart or Target for around $100. I would try them out in store first, though, if possible. The problem I seem to have is the seatback not being tall enough for my tall 2yo. My Schwinn (made by InStep) has a short seatback, so it really isn't comfy for her anymore. But I *think* the Baby Trend brand may have a little taller seatback, though I'm not certain of that, they just look taller than mine.

I recently saw a Baby Trend Expedition with swivel front wheel for $54 on clearance at Target.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... I just got a babytrend expedition (the one with no tray, but it has the swivel wheel) to get me through at least this summer, because Ruthie just needs to still have one available for our longer outings during the summer and when we go through the nature trail at the aquarium) for 50 dollars on craigslist.

babytrend or instep... with the swivel wheel, will be just fine for what you need it for.

check your local craigslist, check ebay, check walmart, check BRU.

oh, and here... returns for sale still has the Instep (Grade A, but in original packaging, so, since Grade A can be something as simple as an open box, I think they were just display models)
http://returnsforsale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1078 in two colors... for under 85 bucks (before shipping)

jinmz7

oh, and here... returns for sale still has the Instep (Grade A, but in original packaging, so, since Grade A can be something as simple as an open box, I think they were just display models)
http://returnsforsale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1078 in two colors... for under 85 bucks (before shipping)

Thank you so much both for your replies.

I really want the one at returnsforsale.com it's the perfect color but they don't ship to Canada! :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC