Issues transitioning to True Fit?

diaperjoys

Is it a common thing for kiddos who are used to headwings to have trouble transitioning to a True Fit? Our little gal currently uses a Diplomat, (and sleeps oh so comfortably in it) and I had planned to replace it with a True Fit when the time came. But if is commonly a problem to switch to a seat without headwings, maybe we'd be better off switching to a BLVD. Whichever seat I get will be ordered online, with zero option for returns, so I'm hoping to make the right choice!

What do you think?

ADS

Blondie87

No, my 18 month old was in a Boulevard for awhile, now he is in a True Fit, and he had no problems at all!

jb5416

My son switched to a TF at 19 mos. from a Blvd. No problems at all, and as a big kid it was obvious that he liked the roominess of the TF.
Jessie

brittany741

I just took DD out of her Diplomat into a True Fit.

I loved the True Fit but ended up returning it because she would not fall asleep in it due to the lack of head wings.

Today she was back in the Diplomat while we wait for a Blvd. and fell asleep within 3 minutes of driving.

:( Not all kids are the same so it's worth a try! The True Fit is so easy to install and is very high quality. My only complaint is the lack of RF Tether, but the ARB seat will be available in March(ish)

LuvMyCharlie

We didn't have problems with headwings(as DS was used to a Marathon), but we've had alot of problems with how low the seat sits. The MA was up on a base and he could see more than he can in the TF. I know he can still see things in the TF, just not as easily, and it's causing him to be a little more fussy than normal. I'm giving it a few weeks before making a final decision, though. I may just keep him in the MA until he outgrows it RF, then switch him back to the TF to keep him RF longer. By then, his overall height should make it easier for him to see out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC