It's a long shot but ISO kids' skis

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
The shorter the better. 100 cm max. I need three pairs total for kids aged 4, 5, and 6. The 4 and 5 year old are the same size so ideally their skis would be the same length but not necessarily.

I've been searching e-bay and found boots that will work but the ski selection is sparse. Used is ideal- just looking for a cheap deal that will last a couple years so we don't have to rent every time.

ADS

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I'm guessing you are looking for downhill skis based on your avatar, correct?

I know I've got my XC skis from when I was a kid at my mom's house, but I don't know what size they are.

BW1426

Are you looking for skis that will be used this year or next year? Your best bet for finding schools is to go to the places that rent out skis and ask if you can buy their rentals at the end of the season.

We have a local ski swap and you buy skis the first year and then every year after that you just swap for the next size up and it's a small fee--like $10.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I'm guessing you are looking for downhill skis based on your avatar, correct?

I know I've got my XC skis from when I was a kid at my mom's house, but I don't know what size they are.

Yep, downhill skis. Sorry, I forgot there was any other kind. :whistle:

Are you looking for skis that will be used this year or next year? Your best bet for finding schools is to go to the places that rent out skis and ask if you can buy their rentals at the end of the season.

We have a local ski swap and you buy skis the first year and then every year after that you just swap for the next size up and it's a small fee--like $10.

I'm looking for skis for this year. I unexpectedly convinced a family I babysit for to go with me. If I can get equipment, even at a higher rate than a ski swap, we will save lots of money on rentals. We have a local ski swap here as well but it's not until October. They sell used equipment there. It's like a yard sale just for skis. If I can't find anything, we'll just rent this year and buy in October.

zeo2ski

Did you already buy the boots? DH just brought home a truckload of boots, mostly kids so let me know if you need any.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
Did you already buy the boots? DH just brought home a truckload of boots, mostly kids so let me know if you need any.

Thanks, but I did buy the boots already. I also found them at the local Play it Again Sports which is apparently going out of business for about a third of what I paid ($10 vs. $30) :doh:. Too bad I didn't remember we had this store nearby until after I had bought the boots and they didn't have any skis left.

Thanks again for the offer!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC