Any safe after market products?

Saramomofmany

Ok, I've found out the might tite isn't safe. And adding on strap covers and head supports etc. aren't safe either. Are there anythings that are actually safe? Like for an infant car seat, are the covers that go over the car seat to keep them warm ok since they don't interfere with the seat belts? Is there a list on this site that tells all the products that are bad and ok? What about those mirrors I see people have so they can watch the child, I also see people with toys hanging from the car seats, I'm assuming that's a no no. But I don't even know alll the right products to look up on here. Help!? Thanks!!

Sara

ADS

tech_raechel

Senior Community Member
Basically, you don't want to add things to a car seat. You don't want to use a cover not made by the manufacturer, or anything that goes behind the child or under the straps. You also do not want to add any padding to the seat. Toys hanging from car seat handles are usually a no-no, too. (Most seats require the handle to be down in the car. Even if a seat permits the handle being "up", you'd want to make sure they're only soft toys that wouldn't be dangerous projectiles in an accident.

The only product I can think of that would be ok are the covers for cold weather for infant seats - but only the ones that go only over the seat (with elastic), not in the seat.

HTH

Raechel

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
FYI, for those with Graco Infant seats...Graco now sells a headrest & strap covers on their website for $10 + shipping. It says it's for use w/all their seats and has been crash tested. I ordered a set for my Safeseat. I only wanted the strap covers...but you had to buy the whole set. Still not bad.

Graco Headrest/Strap Covers

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Thanks, Kay. I really like strap covers, lol. We don't have them on all our seats and I can tell where the straps hit the boys' necks. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC