Symphony at Target

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I saw the same thing yesterday. I'm sad to see the True-Fit go. But, I will say I like the Symphony. It would have have worked wonderfully for my ds who is a lightweight and won't hit 40 lbs until he is 5. It has the infinite harness adjuster of the ETA but not the knob!!! I don't think I'd pay almost $200 for it but it is a nice seat.

zactayaus

I just saw it on Thursday at my Target. I really like it but the harness only goes to 40lbs so that's a big turn off for me. If it went to even 50lbs it would be something I would consider.

crunchierthanthou

I don't think I'd pay almost $200 for it but it is a nice seat.
I think that's what most people must have said about the True Fit for it to only last 6 months. :shrug-shoulders:

If anyone is curious, it's a black and gray pattern with a gray insert that had sort of a paisley pattern- not like any of the ones on Evenflo's site.

here's a really crappy picture-

012409_19241.jpg

MustangMama

I noticed that today! I went to see if the True Fits were on clearance here and they were gone! :(

And in their place was an Evenflo Symphony :confused:

What a horrible replacement! I was thinking maybe they didn't sell enough True Fits to keep selling them.

MOM25BOYS

Do you think that they may have clearanced the TF to sell off the older stock and to make room for the ARB one? I know on another thread someone mentioned that LC told them the new ARB would be available at Target and Walmart when it came out.:shrug-shoulders: I would really hate not to see it availabe there anymore.:( I checked out the Symphony at TRU right at christmas and thought it looked nice, but they really missed the mark by only making it a harness 'til 40lbs instead of 50 or 65lbs.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Too bad they didn't replace the A/O. That's what its real competition is, and the Symphony is much, much nicer than the A/O. It even works well as a booster.

flutie128

I only found the TF at one of my local Targets (there was only ever a display model no stock). I know that in my area Buy Buy Baby, BRU, and Target all had them on clearance recently. I got mine at Buy Buy Baby for 130 which was great compared to 190 at many places online. I am guessing they are getting ready for the newer model.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
None of our True Fits ever went on clearance. My sister works at our Target and I made her call and tell me every time she got to work :whistle: I was hoping to snag one if they got down to $100.

I'm going to be one of the odd ones out and say that I really like the Symphony. But, I have light-weight kids who would still outgrow the harness by height instead of weight (probably). For the general population, I'm disappointed with the 40lb limit. If they released a version with a 50lb harness limit I'd be much more likely to recommend the seat.

G8r4evr

I noticed that today! I went to see if the True Fits were on clearance here and they were gone! :(

And in their place was an Evenflo Symphony :confused:

What a horrible replacement! I was thinking maybe they didn't sell enough True Fits to keep selling them.

As popular as the TF is, that seems hard to believe, but anything is possible. :confused:

G8r4evr

Do you think that they may have clearanced the TF to sell off the older stock and to make room for the ARB one? I know on another thread someone mentioned that LC told them the new ARB would be available at Target and Walmart when it came out.:shrug-shoulders:

That would be my first guess. It is nice to see a new Symphony pattern though. I just dont like how plain they are once the infant inserts come out.

Pixels

I checked at my Target today. They have the TF on display, and Symphony right next to it. No price for the TF, and no boxes either. I thought about going up to CS and asking how much for the TF to see if it was on clearance, but the only one I saw was the display which was clearly marked display not for sale.

The idea of the Symphony is wonderful (self-tightening lower anchor straps). But because of the 40 pound limit, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone except under certain circumstances (ie parent has a disability such as an injury or bad arthritis that makes tightening the strap difficult/impossible, but they can press down on the seat and let the seat tighten itself).

tjham

Too bad they didn't replace the A/O. That's what its real competition is, and the Symphony is much, much nicer than the A/O. It even works well as a booster.

It doesn't need a headrest behind it in booster mode, does it?

emandbri

I didn't notice a symphony but one of my targets (I have a 2 about the same distance from me! ;) had a cappuccino true fit when they normally had the blue one so I don't think it is replacing it in all the stores. My other store never had the true fit or a nautilus, I don't recall what they have now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC