Logan in the new AOE! 50 pound limit.

WOW! The room he has in it is amazing. I am so glad they got this seat up to 50 pounds and made the top slots higher. I really like it. I would make it one of my next seats for daycare use if I didn't already have seats I could use ;-).

He would probally last another year in this seat(to 5).

He said it was super comfy like his nautilus and wanted me to buy it for him :rolleyes:.

Note: He is 1/2 inch away from outgrowing the scenera(isn't that the same as the old AOE?)

Logan's stats: 14-14 1/2 inch torso, 40 inches, 34 pounds, 2 days shy of 4 years old. ;-)

What else do you do when your husband is on nights for a few weeks and you can't make too much noise in your house, of course Go to babies r us ;-)

BTW: I do not like the material of the snugride 32 they have there(red/black). SCRATCHY!

(Sorry cell phone quality pictures)

0124091406b.jpg

How much room left in the seat(I installed it in the bench there)-would I lose height wise once I moved it to my van? It was too cold today to play with carseats in my van at BRU.
0124091407a.jpg

Using it as a booster on the smallest setting(those side strappy things that hold the belt, lol)-how does this fit look? I wanted to try michael in it, but he wanted no part he said. :-(

0124091409b.jpg

ADS

Shaunam

I still don't like the look of the booster, but maybe if he were bigger it would fit better. I've seen them in the toysrus here but I always forget to put DS in them. I'm curious to see how much room he'd have left.

G8r4evr

He looks great in it. Do the AOE offer SIP?

ETA: I don't like the look of the booster either.

Last edited:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Great harness height, but I'm still not thrilled about the booster. I totally go to BRU when I am bored! We almost went today, but I got caught up in traffic and the boys were super grumpy.

Yeah, I am not sure about it as a booster-mabey because logan is teeny tiny. I am going to have to stuff michael in it and see how he looks in it.

I am not sure if it offers SIP protection, but it seemed like the little "wings" were comfy? LOL. I don't think that answered your question.

I love going to BRU when I am bored. It is right by my main shopping "drag" so it is so convienent. I was so happy when they built it.

G8r4evr

Yeah, I am not sure about it as a booster-mabey because logan is teeny tiny. I am going to have to stuff michael in it and see how he looks in it.

I am not sure if it offers SIP protection, but it seemed like the little "wings" were comfy? LOL. I don't think that answered your question.

I love going to BRU when I am bored. It is right by my main shopping "drag" so it is so convienent. I was so happy when they built it.

They just built a SUPER Babies R Us/Toys R Us here (supposedly the 2 biggest in the country). As if I wasnt already obsessed enough with that store!!

Yeah, Im still not sure about the SIP. :(

Here is the one I really like http://www.target.com/Eddie-Bauer-Deluxe-Convertible-Seat/dp/B0010735CW/qid=1232891297/ref=br_1_1/179-9172398-5509534?ie=UTF8&node=3579961&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

No mention of SIP as far as I can tell.

That is a nice pattern. That one is still saying harnesses to 40 pounds. I wonder if it is?

OMG! I would love to go to that babies r us. Thank goodness Logan can still fit in their clothes there or I am sure they would think I was nuts for going in there alot ;-).

I have that same safeseat as you. I just noticed that.

Maedze

Remember that "SIP" is a meaningless term ;)

It's a seat with a five point harness. By definition it offers side impact protection.

Furthermore, it has EPS foam and fairly substantial headwings.

As a booster fit, it's terrible, although I think raising the belt up one notch would improve the shoulder fit.

However, I believe Dorel has a 40 lb minimum on their booster seats, so he's technically not big enough yet anyway.

It's a seat with a five point harness. By definition it offers side impact protection.

As a booster fit, it's terrible, although I think raising the belt up one notch would improve the shoulder fit.

However, I believe Dorel has a 40 lb minimum on their booster seats, so he's technically not big enough yet anyway.

That would make sense then if they do have a 40 lb minimum. I tried raising up the next one and it went across his neck really bad and the lap belt was on his belly.

sirrahn

Did you take the base off when you tried it as a booster? It must be off for booster use and without the base the lapbelt fit is usually even worse. The improvements make it very nice for a harnessed seat though!

Kat_Momof3

I hate the fit as a booster, which I expected... but now you can show people WHY... it is clearly high...too high for my comfort... it should be touching his thighs... instead, it is on his hips and parts of his soft abdomen.

and the shoulderbelt is OKAY... but I'd like to see it more centered between the shoulder and the neck.

Did you remove the base on it?? that's required for booster use.. I'm guessing the belt fit would have been worse if you had (assuming you didn't).

G8r4evr

Really?! Because my SIP concern is the main reason I haven't purchased the Eddie Bauer seat. Babies R US has a section for SIP seats and the AOE/Eddie Bauers arent listed there, but they are listed under the regular convertible seats. I wonder where BRU got their classifications?

G8r4evr

That is a nice pattern. That one is still saying harnesses to 40 pounds. I wonder if it is?

OMG! I would love to go to that babies r us. Thank goodness Logan can still fit in their clothes there or I am sure they would think I was nuts for going in there alot ;-).

I have that same safeseat as you. I just noticed that.

I'm in love w/ that pattern. Probly because it reminds me of the Graham SS1 we have! :thumbsup: I loove the Graham SS1, but Im trying to move the straps up 1 slot and I'm sturggling!!

Maedze

Really?! Because my SIP concern is the main reason I haven't purchased the Eddie Bauer seat. Babies R US has a section for SIP seats and the AOE/Eddie Bauers arent listed there, but they are listed under the regular convertible seats. I wonder where BRU got their classifications?

"Side Impact Protection" for now, is simply a manfuacturer's reference to whatever testing it might have done in the testing phases. But since there are NO publicly available standardized federal standards for SIP, we have no idea what it means. They could take a hammer to it, beat it around a little, and then bury it up to its neck in the sand and set fireants to it and call it "side impact testing".

Until we get uniform federal standards for 'side impact crash testing', the label is little more than a manufacturer's gimmick/selling point.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
That's a pretty horrid seatbelt fit in booster mode IMO. The growing room in the harness is really nice though. :D

I like that the harness height is easy to adjust on the 3in1's making it easy for daycare situations. Now that the top headrest position is usable with the harness I don't mind when that's what a parent has in mind as long as they know not to use it as a booster.

As for the SIP, all the new ones that came in at work have a little woven tag stitched in a seam on the hearest - it's maybe 1" long and sticks out 1/4"? It says side impact tested or something to that effect on the tag.

As for whatever that means... I don't believe the advertising so much, but go by the description of what Sarah Tilton from Britax gave during the chat as to what gives good SIP - energy absorbing foam in the head area, a deep shell or head wings to contain the child, and a rigid outer shell to form a barrier. This is the reason why I have so much confidence in the TF in terms of SIP despite there being no standards for it. I'm not sure how much I'd trust the 3in1's in that regard... the outer shell certainly isn't that rigid, but I think the rest of the seat would pass going by the requirements of energy absorbing foam and the child being contained within the shell. Who knows though, like MAEDZE said, it's nothing more than a marketing thing at this point...

Kat_Momof3

if the seat says it has side protection, they list it there.

It started not too long after the consumer reports infant seat fiasco.

firemomof3

I tried this seat out a few months ago and actually really liked it for forward facing :duck:
Its roomy, 17.5" top harness slots & decent leg support:
AOE002.jpg

AOE004.jpg

mish

I have pics of Adam in it that I keep forgetting to upload. Maybe I will get around to it later. He is 40 pounds and 5 years old. He still has about 2 inches in the harness.

OOPS, no I didn't take the base off(I forgot about that).

I really like it and I am really considering it as a daycare kids seat. I love the harness-how I don't have to take it out to adjust it. I wouldn't use it as a booster though.

How do they fit in 3-across? Can you take the base off using the harness on these 50 pound limit models?

I love the brown/pink one. That is what my daycare baby just got. I am in love with it. LOL.

G8r4evr

I tried this seat out a few months ago and actually really liked it for forward facing :duck:

That is my 2nd fave AOE/EB seat. When I first came to this board, I was all set to buy the Eddie Bauer seat, but after the reviews on this board, I am leaning towards the TF. I'm just not sure the TF will truly fit in my car!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC