98 Chevy Venture

ADS

Qarin

I don't know exactly, but I have a 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette, which is sort of the same thing...

It's got the kind of seatbelts which lock by pulling them all the way out and letting them ratchet back in (switchable retractor)- in the middle row, where we have captains chairs, that's the only locking on them (and it works great); in the third row they also lock at the latchplate (lightweight locking latchplate, I think?). The center seat in the third row is lap belt only.

The only tether points are for the middle row, and are located at the outside position rear seat seatbelt attachment points- that is, at the floor, to the sides of the third row, you tether to the same spot that the lap portion of the third row seatbelt attaches to. It's kind of weird, and kind of interferes with the third row seats. There are no tether points for the third row.

Kat_Momof3

It probably doesn't have tether points (vehicles before 2000 don't), but it may/may not have pre-drilled holes (techs with latch books will know)

however, it will have seatbelts that lock (anything after 95 will)... not sure in which way, but they should all (except for the one on the driver's seat, of course) lock.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My friend has a 99' Sillhouette (same as Venture) and she does have TAs for her captains chairs but nothing in the 3rd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC