Question Frontier or Nautilus? Which one should I consider?

MOM25BOYS

I am trying to decide between a Fronier or a Nautilus to purchase.:) I have owned a Nautilus before so I know how it will install in my suv, but I wasn't crazy of the lack of space in the crotch area or how my boys had horrible head slump with it.:( I have never seen a Frontier IRL, (anybody got one near me I can play with :whistle:), but I might would consider getting one since it looks more roomy and has better leg support. I am just not sure if I can get past the flimsy straps and all the "glitches" it is having right now. Is the head slump any better or worse in the Frontier? So what do you think, should I just suck it up and buy another Nautilus and save some money or try a Frontier and hope I like it?:shrug-shoulders:

Last edited:
ADS

sb518

Hmmmm that's a hard one! I have owned both and I actuall do prefer the Frontier. I like the infinite harness, and the LATCH clips. My niece hasn't had head slump that bad actually, not near as bad as she did in the Boulevard.

So... hmmm I would go the Frontier route if you can swing the money. The Nautlius is still a great seat. It's almost like choosing between the Scenera or the Marathon. Both are GREAT seats but I prefer the Marathon because of the "bells and whistles" it has. :love:

monstah

I would buy the Frontier with return shipping insurance.
Buying another Nautilus isn't any fun for you. You will still have that "I wonder if the Frontier will rock my world" voice in the back of your head. :p Do it. If you don't like it, return it & no harm done.

MOM25BOYS

Thanks everyone and thanks Conner's Mom that thread was very helpful.:D If I remember correctly I had the problem of the GN not fitting completely on the 3rd row when I had them earlier so that may be my deal breaker there.:( I *think* I want the Frontier. DS3 will be 5 in June and this will be for him. I much rather prefer to see DS4 in the Radian and DS3 is seeming squashed in the RN. Now to let DS pick which color he wants and pick a place to buy it from. Are most of them now that are being sold still going to be affected by the recall?

momtojosie

It sounds like you've made your decision, but I just wanted to add in that my daughter had horrible head slump in the Nautilus and none whatsoever in the Frontier. I bought it not knowing how it would perform, and I'm so glad I did! She's so comfy in it.

The recalled Frontiers are those made previous to mid-September, so I would guess that if you bought one now, it would not be affected by the recall.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC