tightening harness straps on the Graco Nautilus car restraint/booster seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine14

We just bought the Nautilus child restraint/booster seat for our almost four year old daughter. We've found that it is great to use, but have one problem - we can't seem to use tighten the harness straps by pulling the adjustment strap on the front of the seat. I try with all might to pull it, but it doesn't move at all. Is there a special sequence that I'm supposed to follow or something that I'm just missing?

Thank you for your help!

ADS

romanoma

I don't like our harness adjuster either! Very hard to tighten. I never feel like I'm pulling at the correct angle or something. Any help out there? I've read other posts that say it is smooth as butter, but not mine.

BW1426

Hmm. There is not a special sequence for adjusting, it should adjust from the get go. Is the seat uninstalled or installed in your vehicle?

I would uninstall the seat and make sure it's not getting stuck on anything. If it's jammed, see if you can flick the adjuster lever and wiggle the jam out. If not, I call Graco and/or return the seat for a different one.

puglover333

Here is the first thing that comes to mind. When threading the harness straps you have to guide them back up towards the top of the seat and then over the roller bars. You can't put them through the seat and right down to the splitter plate.
Hope that helps.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I agree that it sounds like the straps are either caught on something or not routed properly.

The Nautilus has one of the smoothest adjustments you'll find on any car seat.

If the straps/splitter plate are not caught, and everything is routed correctly, you might have a defective seat.

mamaofthree

Hope you get it figured out. The Nautilus adjuster really is the smoothest of any I've ever come across. Love that seat!

Kimberly

romanoma

I figured out mine...the straps were coming out too high on the seat and the head rest was down over them, so they were being rubbed by the head rest every time. Seems we couldn't decide which height was correct and the straps got raised and the head rest got lowered. :eek:
All better know, and the adjuster is smooth as butter :D

Kat_Momof3

I'm glad you figured it out!! I wondered if that might be it.
Not to worry, you are not the first to have done that.

U

Unregistered

I've also had a terrible time with ours. I called Graco today, and their customer service was amazing. They are sending me a new one on Monday to replace this one. I hope the new one is better. Obviously, I cannot attest to how the new one will work, but I wanted to encourage those of you who think you have defective seats to call Graco. I was very impressed with their desire to make it right.

U

Unregistered

I just bought three and we are all having trouble tightening the straps by pulling the front strap. Graco - give us some help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC